Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEED HELP!!!! Long tubes touching k-member.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP!!!! Long tubes touching k-member.

I installed poly motor mounts and the passenger side header is resting on the k-member or w/e you call it. What can I do about this??? I need to get the car running this weekend. Any thoughts at all would definatly help.
    96 Camaro Z28, T-tops, 6 Speed, Slp CIA, Flowmaster cat-back, 3:42 gears

Originally posted by 96Camaro
    I installed poly motor mounts and the passenger side header is resting on the k-member or w/e you call it. What can I do about this??? I need to get the car running this weekend. Any thoughts at all would definatly help.

you dont have to listen to me but if you have any more money lying around, i would invest in a tubular k-member. you get a whole bunch of extra room. im planning on getting the new spohn k-member. are you sure you got the right headers? one more thought, you could always take the header to a muffler shop or somewhere and get a little bend in it, but it will probably disrupt airflow..but that does suck, after spending all of that time and money and having the headers touch the k member. maybe some other guys on here would have more opinions. later man
    -Jeff

Comment

Well I grinded down the cross member so that it will fit in there fine. I think everything is gonna be cool. Somtime within the next couple years though I'm gonna rebuild the motor and everything. So that would be a good time to get a new cross member too. How much do those usualy run? Isnt it like 500$ or somthing.
      96 Camaro Z28, T-tops, 6 Speed, Slp CIA, Flowmaster cat-back, 3:42 gears

Comment

Originally posted by 96Camaro
        Well I grinded down the cross member so that it will fit in there fine. I think everything is gonna be cool. Somtime within the next couple years though I'm gonna rebuild the motor and everything. So that would be a good time to get a new cross member too. How much do those usualy run? Isnt it like 500$ or somthing.
        that depends on where you look. i always go to this one website www.thunderracing.com . they always have good priced stuff, the cheapest i can find. check it out.
        -Jeff

Comment

www.spohn.net
          www.bmrfabrication.com

Comment

Working...
          X