Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Camaro Coupe V6 3.4L Overheating

The end is near,

I was traveling to Atlanta for a covention when the worst happen. The car started to overheat like a mother! I mean smoke coming out of the hood.

Two things I noticed, white smoke coming from the main fan inside the hood compartment. The timing belts where rattling and shaking. The latter may have been a stupid truck which released chunks of it's tires and I was behind it. The chunks flew under the car, and then a strange noise began to occur.

I also felt extreme amount of heat pouring from the Brake and Accelarator pedals below the interior. I do mean extreme. As those the vents are no longer letting the air out externally, and now it's just flushing it internally.

I love my car so much, but it's getting to a point I may put it to rest.
    If you have any suggestions, please let me know. I don't want to bury it yet. I put too much love and compassion into it to see it burn in a junkyard.
    Thanks for your future replies.
    Attached Files
    1994 Camaro 3.4L V6 Zeon

sounds like you got a stuck thermostat...or a failed water pump. You timing belt is well, not a belt, but a chain...I assume your talking about your serpetine belt. Sounds like a chunk of that tire impacted your pump somehow and caused it to fail. Those are the only two things I can think of that would cause your cooling system to fail suddenly.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
    X