Car Audio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Audio

I've been a lot of restoring to my car, its got almost 100000 miles so i had a lot of work to do, now i'm ready for a system.
    I dont really see much space in the back of a Ttop trans am for subs, lol, Can anybody give me ideas on how to fit some subs in the back of my car, also what size speakers i can fit in my car. Any URLs would be great, thanks

Need to know the year before I can help you.
    "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

SUB BOX

One of my friends has a 99 SS Camaro with two 15 Rockfordfosgates in a box that goes in the space right between your back seat and the t-tops. So he can still put his t-tops in there. The only thing about it that i dont realy care for is that his speakers are inverted. which means that the magnet is out of the box and the face is in the box. the bad thing about this set up is that sometime the speakers hit againts his rear hatch window. but he put padding on the part of the magnet that hits so he does not break it. I plan on putting 2 12" subs in a box like his but because of the different size of sub I will be able to put mine in the normal way so the magnet is not seen. The only thing that i have not figured out how im going to do is stableize the box since you cant screw it into the car because the gas tank is right under where the box sits. I might try some velcro. I will try to get some pics of his system so you can see what im talking about.

99 T/A WS-6
      SLP strut tower brace, SLP sub-frame connectors, SLP intake, SLP Loudmouth exhaust, shift kit, SLP suspension system, SLP y-pipe
      2004 Mineral Gray Mustang Mach1 (stock, but ordering the SLP Loudmouth)
      88 IROC-Z, ZZ430 CRATE MOTOR, Flowmaster exhaust, MOSER 12-bolt with gears, and a few other mods.

Comment

Here is something I came up with to fix the sliding problem without having to bolt it into the car body. What you do is get one of those cheap rubbery plastic floormats with the little spikes on the bottom and stapel gun it to the underside of the box now it shouldn't slip on carpet at all.....Good Luck....Later

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

Here is something I came up with to fix the sliding problem without having to bolt it into the car body. What you do is get one of those cheap rubbery plastic floormats with the little spikes on the bottom and stapel gun it to the underside of the box now it shouldn't slip on carpet at all.....Good Luck....Later

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

I used to have a JL Audio stealthbox in the back of my 95. It had a single dual voice coil 10 in it and did ok. It fit in the space opposite the spare tire.

Comment

this comes up alot...personally, I don't like exposed subs...I go for that hidden and clean look. The "well" inside your trunk is a great place to stow away a sub if you don't mind not storing your TTops there when not in use. I have a truck box back there with a 300 watt USAcoustics amp running one Rockford Fosgate 10" sub ...the sub is facing the floor. The "well" creates sorta a type of insulation that cuts NVH and the only thing that emits from the back is a nice, deep, rumble that cannot be compared...I out performed a lot of other f-bods that use big 12 inchers and massive amps...it's clean and simple and because it's in a "well" that makes for a good resonator...it's powerful, in a package half that of a full blown system. It's clean when you just want good music...and nose tickling when you want to blow the doors off other cars...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Well, never was told what year car you have, so I will assume 4th gen.

I personally have the JL audio stealthbox. It had a JL10 in it until it puked, then went with a Rockford Fosgate. It hits plenty hard for what I want it to do, and this coming from a guy who had a car with 4-15's should be saying something. That single 10 in that little bitty box puts out a whole lotta bass with a whole lotta power on it. You'd be surprised. I've been told that it sounds like 2-12's. I also keep full use of my t-top holders and the system is completely hidden when in stealth mode.

Comment

If you are lucky enough to find 1 of about 200....

JL Audio made a Stealthbox that comes w/ 3-10w6 subs in a tuned fiberglass enclosure. The stealthbox has a motorized linear actuator that lifts the enclosure up for access beneath the box. You lose the functionality of the t-top holders, but you can hide a big nitrous bottle down there and no-one will ever know.... The top of the box is gel fiberglass, and is paintable to match the car exterior. Not too many pics of them out there since JL stopped making them awhile back, I think the original retail was $1,800 loaded w/ subs. I saw 2 of these boxes on ebay in the last 3 years, and was able to get one, but it needs some restoration. Here is an original JL Audio pic of it.
                  1995 Firebird Formula
                  (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

forgot the pic...
                    Attached Files
                    1995 Firebird Formula
                    (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

That box is ultimo badarse, but someone with decent fiberglass skill could replicate it, even with the motorization, for 1/4 of what it costs. I wanted one way back when just so I could say "look at this", but after I saw a fellow installer do 4-10's motorized I said "JL who?"

Comment

yeah, but getting the exact airspace is tough, and MOST installers just guess, because they don't care about the end result... yeah it's XX.X cuft.... JL designed the box to fit the exact requirements for their subs 10W6's no less! I hit a 142.5db IASCA with a similar setup using 500 watts and 3-10W6's, which ain't bad, cause after 140db, they don't let you stay in your car! (143db is 2x as loud as 140db) Guess I am just partial to JL, and like the Old School. Anyway, a great purchase if anyone can aquire one, definatly worth it.
                        1995 Firebird Formula

Comment

Working...
                        X