Tranny fluid ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny fluid ?

How much tranny fluid does a 95 auto take? I bought 5 quarts, i'm guessing that should be enough. And is there a precise way to change the fluid or just drain, change filter and gasket, and fill? Thanks, Ryan.
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

I thought it was 10 quarts.
    94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Comment

Originally posted by EquatorHeat00
      I thought it was 10 quarts.
      I thought that was only if you drained the torque converter too? Don't plan on doing that. I was just guestimating. My friends Dakota took 5 or 6 ( i know different vehicle) but figured mine wouldn't be too far off of that number.
      2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

I think it's 12 and if you don't do the torque converter, you're just wasting your time. It's cheap, buy a case of it. Drain the pan, refill, add an extra gallon, disconnect at the return hose, then run the car adding a couple quarts as you pump it out, and after you pump out a couple gallons into a bucket or it changes color, stop the car and fill to the proper level. Restart, check it once it's warm, fill to the right level and you're good to go.

Comment

Alldata says 11.2 quarts for the trans and 1.8 for the converter. That is for a completely empty trans and converter though, ususally indicitave of a rebuild. If you are simplky draining the converter and trans, 8-10 quarts will fill it to the appropriate level.

Jack up the differential with the rear tires off the ground, chock the front tires, pour 5 quarts of Dexron III into the dipstick tube, then start the motor. Allow the trans to shift through all 4 gears and reverse then put the trans back into park. Allow the motor to get up to operating temp. Now add a quart at a time until the dipstick shows full.

Comment

Looks like a nice day out today, hopefully its not cold though. I think I'll try it today. Thanks for the info guys.
            2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

And one more question, where the hell is the PCV valve on this thing? I hope i don't sound too much like a newb but i can't find it. Help please!!!

lol, thanks guys.
              2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
                And one more question, where the hell is the PCV valve on this thing? I hope i don't sound too much like a newb but i can't find it. Help please!!!

lol, thanks guys.
                It's on the driver side of the intake manifold, midway back.

Comment

Working...
                X