I Finally Got My Car Back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Finally Got My Car Back

I've been working on my car since the end of September, 2005. I bought it wrecked for $700. It is a 95 Camaro Z28 A4 with t-tops, black leather interior, and the Delco-Bose sound system. I had the frame straightened, bought a new SS style hood, a front bumper cover, and the passenger side fender. I also needed a new radiator, driver's side inner fender, the shroud for the cooling fans, and many brackets in the front end. I put it all together by myself, and wet-sanded everything that was getting painted. I just got it back on Friday, the 7th. Yesterday was the first time that I actually got to drive it in the 6 months since I bought it. All I can say is OMG! I understand that I have reduced traction because the rear tires are almost bald, but it will kick sideways going into 3rd gear at 45 mph. I had it on the road no more than 2 hours, and I already had cops staring at me, and I was just sitting at a stop light. Here are a few pics. I don't have any true "before" pics, because I was in too much of a hurry to start working on it, but I took a picture of everything that I pulled off of it.

95 A4 Z28 with 146K miles

My DD is a 94 Chevy 1/2 ton 2wd w/ 2/4 drop and 20" Centerline Stingray III's

Congrats it looks awesome!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Very nice! Fixing them up is always a good time. Enjoy!
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

That looks great man, must feel really good to have it lookin like it should! Get some new tires on there so you can really feel the power! Congrats again on the project success.
        -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

looks good man.
          1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

Looks very good! It always feels good to get back a car with fresh paint!

Comment

Looks really good enjoy your hard work. Cant wait to get mines back too!!
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2317021/1

2001 Blk Firbird Formula 6 sp hurst shift (my toy) Upgrades: American thunder Flowmasters, Cross drilled rotors, Centerforce Clutch and Flywheel. Car is in Bodyshop for full painting now with Ram Air, Rims, and wing being installed.
              2006 Blk Cobalt SS (my commuter car)
              2003 Harley 1200 sportster 100th anniversary (For sale)
              2007 Jeep compass

Comment

Job well done! The front end looks great! Mine is going to look the exact same in a month and half. I bought the ss hood already, just need to get it painted along with the new front bumper cover. By the way, where did you get the bumper cover?
                1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Pretty mean looking LT1 you got there. Tinting the windows makes black cars look 3x blacker, I'd be all over that.

And get some rims, you'll be all set. 00-02 5 spokes go on ebay for almost nothing. Given you need tires you could probably score a set with rubber for less than the cost of new tires. I've seen 00-02 take-off's with almost new tires go for well under $300.

Comment

By the way, where did you get the bumper cover?
                    The local body shop ordered that, along with most of the other parts for me.
                    I bought the clear turn signals and the billet grill from Summit Racing. Now I just have to finish the interior. The guy that I bought the car off of didn't pay for it, his grandma bought it for him. Since he didn't have to work for it, he didn't take care of it either. I spent over an hour cleaning the shifter assembly in the center console, because he spilled pop on it and never cleaned it up. But the interior isn't as important, as long as it looks good when I fly past the mustangs.

Speaking of mustangs, the first full day that I had it, one gets beside me while I'm cruising, and keeps flooring it and letting off. So I decide, I'll show him what a Bowtie can do, and kick it sideways at 35, and pass him with the tires still spinning. He switched lanes, and started tailgating me, so I pulled into an empty parking lot, but he just kept on driving. I'll be sure to find him once I get new tires.
                    95 A4 Z28 with 146K miles

My DD is a 94 Chevy 1/2 ton 2wd w/ 2/4 drop and 20" Centerline Stingray III's

Comment

take another picture of the bottom one, it looks awesome but i wanna see it crisply good work man.... now come pay for my repainting of my bumper and hood

Comment

Working...
                      X