No announcement yet.

Cooper Zeon 2XS tires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the better - I'd rather know how they feel about the tires now than two weeks after they got them.

Comment

Maybe two years old but still pretty darned relevant. The coopers that I've had both on my TA and my Crew Cab had very good performance, especially when the price is factored in. I would buy them again in a heartbeat. I remember one set of Coopers on my TA went 40K miles before needing replacement.

Comment

Brushing the cobwebs off this post.

Yeah they still work well with about 30% tread remaining. I am getting a new set this spring. Best bang for the buck and simply the best performance tire I have ever used.
        1995 Z28 Convertible, 350ci LT1 73K miles M6.
        Dyno results: 301.5 RWHP 326.7 RWTQ
        Performance Mods 4.10 gears, AS&M CAI, MADZ28 tune, Borla catback, RK Sport mid-length headers, LT4 valve springs, CC pro mag 1.6 RR's, LT4 KM, MSD OVC wires, TB bypass, 160 t-stat, SLP clutch plate w/Kevlar dual friction disk, 52MM TB, TB air foil, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, ASP UD pulley, LS1 brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads, LCA's and PHB.

Comment

Originally posted by wrd1972
          Brushing the cobwebs off this post.

Yeah they still work well with about 30% tread remaining. I am getting a new set this spring. Best bang for the buck and simply the best performance tire I have ever used.
          I did find that past about 20% tread remaining, grip started dropping off quickly. Still a great tire.

Comment

Great feedback, guys. This is exactly what I needed to solidify my decision on the Coopers. For the past few months I've been checking prices online and at some local installers and was leaning toward the Avon Tech M500, which, based on the current price on Tire Rack, would come out <$50 cheaper installed.

I can get the Coopers locally, which I prefer, and they've got the best feedback that I've come across.

I can't wait until Spring to get the Bird on the road again on new rubber. It should make a world of difference. I've been running on very well worn BFG Comp T/As for the past year+.

Comment

Working...
            X