Question About upgrading 93-97 models

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About upgrading 93-97 models

Can 93-97 F-bodies be upgraded to the 98+ F-bodies? What I mean is can the newer front ends be fitted on to the 93-97 F-Bodies? I havent heard of anyone doing it. Wanted to know if it can be done?
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2317021/1

2001 Blk Firbird Formula 6 sp hurst shift (my toy) Upgrades: American thunder Flowmasters, Cross drilled rotors, Centerforce Clutch and Flywheel. Car is in Bodyshop for full painting now with Ram Air, Rims, and wing being installed.
    2006 Blk Cobalt SS (my commuter car)
    2003 Harley 1200 sportster 100th anniversary (For sale)
    2007 Jeep compass

Yes http://www.tennesseeauto.com/19to20capa.html
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Not worth the money IMO. You could take the money and put into mods and have some really good power output. This question has been brought up a couple of times I think but it just seems better to spend the money elsewhere.
      -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Originally posted by thenuge876
        Not worth the money IMO. You could take the money and put into mods and have some really good power output. This question has been brought up a couple of times I think but it just seems better to spend the money elsewhere.
        That is unless you have money to burn!

I've always REALLY liked the 98+ style hood but for $2000 to upgrade... Well, I would be buying some nice performance mods as I am more than happy with the appearance of my 97 WS6

Comment

For what it would cost, you could dump the money into mods as stated above, or sell the LT1 car for a 98 or newer. It would make more financial sense.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Two words... Cylinder Heads!
            No F-Body right now

Comment

Here's a link to a thread on CamaroZ28.com covering the conversion on a Camaro:

http://64.65.63.61/forums/showthread.php?t=425550

There are similar "how to" pages for the Firebird.

Its your car and your money.... you do what YOU want to do with it. Some people want HP, others want appearance - to each his own
              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

As long as you don't expect to get your money out of it later...
                Joe K.
                '11 BMW 328i
                '10 Matrix S AWD
                Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
                  As long as you don't expect to get your money out of it later...
                  Who here thinks they will get their money outa their car? These cars aren't going to gain money yet for many many years.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                  Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                  6.2L/382.97 ci
                  Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                  WCT-5 speed
                  BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                  Boss MS 18" Rims
                  Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                  Custom Dual exhaust
                  1LE upgrade
                  Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                  In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

I agree that it is your car and you should do whatever with it makes YOU happy. I happen to also be partial to the 98+ front ends and if you want to do the conversion, by all means go for it.

If you do your homework looking on the For Sale sections of various f-body related message boards, ebay, and some online f-body salvage yards, you can find all the parts neccessary to do the conversion for less than $1000.

Comment

I guess it may have sounded a little strong adn for that i apologize. I guess what I meant was that since it was costly (assuming the money isnt to be spent) it might be worth looking at other modifications to the car. I had thought of using parts from various donors but was in a bit of a hurry when i typed that. It would definately look sweet and I love the 98 and up front ends myself I guess its just what I would do with money.....wishful thinking...
                      -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Working...
                      X