1996-1997 Keyless Entry Programming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996-1997 Keyless Entry Programming

This question is for my buddy. He has a 97 trans am that did not come from the factory with keyless entry. I noticed shoeboxs site had some keyless transmitters. If he bought a transmitter could he just program it to work or is the car not equiped with the righ stuff.
    2000 trans am auto, Afr 205,tr 220/220 112, mti lid, 160t,umi sfc,hooker headers and ory y,loud mouth. bellow,pr's,harland rockers,new lifters,ls6 oilpump,rollermaster doubler roller, msd wires.

im pretty sure it had to be a option from the factory. so if his car didnt come with one, then i dont think you can just buy a transmitter.
    1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

keyless entry

Hey,
      the keyless entry is part of the Body Control Module (BCM)
      it is located above the passenger floor , behind a foot cover panel.
      when you change it out try to get the ignition key insert code from the doner car , or the VATS system will lock out the ignition. when I changed mine I took the doner key to GM and they cut me a new set of ignition keys for about $40.00 per key (old key lock pattern w/ new key chip)
      I also gained the full factory alarm system by adding the shock sensor (by the antenna) and swapped the dash cover panel out for one with the red l.e.d. It works great and the dash light is cool too !

Comment

Working...
      X