can someone help me with a question?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone help me with a question?

i have a 1997 camaro rs 3.8 lt. v6. i cant really afford to go and buy a whole new z28 to get the power i want! lol! and i definitly understand that i'm not going to be as fast as a z28, but i figured....what the hell!! ha ha. so i've decided to go with the "sleeper" route. my two questions are.....is it possible to put a bigger cam in this type of engine? my 2nd question is....would i be at high risk of damaging my engine if i sprayed with a 100 shot of nitrous? i'm new to the site, so any comments would be greatly appreciated! thanks again!

Anything is possible if you throw enough money at it. Seriously though, replacing the cam is going to be a major headache. You can get by with SLP's 1.7 rocker arms. That will increase the lift and duration like what a mild cam would do. As far as nitrous, a good rule of thumb is to not go over a 50% increase. If you make 200 HP, it isn't wise to go over a 100 HP shot unless you plan on a rebuild very quickly. Even then, adequate fueling is a must. At the very least, add a good high pressure and capacity fuel pump and make sure the ignition system is in top shape. Hopefully your trans won't come apart.

Comment

Working...
    X