Springtime mods!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springtime mods!!

Today I stayed home with a sick little boy. I figured I'd go out in the garage and wrench while he was resting. I got the 1LE front and rear swaybars installed with all the ES poly bushings and endlinks. What a huge difference! While I was working the UPS man arrived and was struggling with the 50 lb containing a set of SLP subframe connectors. I ran out to help him carry them in. He saw the car in the garage and asked wht year it was and what all I had done to it. He was shocked when I told him it was 12 years old. He said it looked like brand new.

Good times!

I cant wait to get moving on the SFCs now. Not today.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Every time you do something it get a little better. Enjoy.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

So are the SFC's installed? Gotta love mods, i just did a 160* thermostat and TBB today myself.
      2006 Saturn Ion Redline
      2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
        So are the SFC's installed? Gotta love mods, i just did a 160* thermostat and TBB today myself.
        No, not installed yet. They are going to have to wait until I have more time. Hopefully next week.

SO you got to play with coolant today. Sounds like fun!
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
          No, not installed yet. They are going to have to wait until I have more time. Hopefully next week.

SO you got to play with coolant today. Sounds like fun!
          LOL, the coolant was the slightest bit brown. Good thing i chose to change it now Well i don't think i screwed up the Opti, she still purrs I drained the fluid first so I really didn't have much coolant to worry about when i did the thermo, and TBB. Wasn't too bad acutally, hardest part was getting the torn elbow back on

P.S. no one has answered this in the f/s section so here it is.....anyone have an stock or aftermarket intake elbow for sale? Mine is torn and i'm in need of a new one. Thanks, Ryan.
          2006 Saturn Ion Redline
          2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Wait until you start playing around in the twisties...... prepare youself in case you now get a lift throttle rear end steer. The stiff 21mm rear bar makes it possible to correct your line in a turn by lifting the throttle...... it will kick the rear outward..... applying the throttle again will make it stick and straighten it out. Very handy indeed but may make you soil your drawers if you don't expect it.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
              Wait until you start playing around in the twisties...... prepare youself in case you now get a lift throttle rear end steer. The stiff 21mm rear bar makes it possible to correct your line in a turn by lifting the throttle...... it will kick the rear outward..... applying the throttle again will make it stick and straighten it out. Very handy indeed but may make you soil your drawers if you don't expect it.
              I'll have to give that a shot, thanks for the heads up.
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:

Comment

Working...
              X