Price on stall converter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price on stall converter?

What's a good price to pay for a stall converter for a 1993 Formula 700R4 transmission? I'm looking for a stall speed of about 3000 rpm. Does $582 for a B&M Holeshot 3000 sound like a good deal or not? Thanks for the help.
    1993 Formula - 99k
    Throttle body bypass, K&N FIPK II, SLP Loudmouth, Mad Z28 Chip, 3.73 motives, TPI airfoil, Spohn LCA relocation brackets, Fuddle 3200 Stall, B&M Supercooler, LS1 driveshaft, and chrome ZR1's 17"/9.5" and 17/11" in the back!!!

I'm partial to the Vigilante line....... they will even restall it for free. I've never heard of anyone being disappointed in them...... a bit more cost that what you are looking at though.

Comment

How can you tell when driving with one brand of stall converter vs. the other?
      1993 Formula - 99k
      Throttle body bypass, K&N FIPK II, SLP Loudmouth, Mad Z28 Chip, 3.73 motives, TPI airfoil, Spohn LCA relocation brackets, Fuddle 3200 Stall, B&M Supercooler, LS1 driveshaft, and chrome ZR1's 17"/9.5" and 17/11" in the back!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blackfire93
        How can you tell when driving with one brand of stall converter vs. the other?
        It's not so much how one converter feels compared to the next, it is all about quality and dependability. Whoever you order the converter from, you need to make sure that you give them all the details of your car as possible so that they can appropriately suggest a converter for your application.

The B&M Holeshots's are decent. The Vigilante is better. It also has a special type of coating that changes colors to tell you if the converter is getting too hot and where.

Comment

Working...
        X