Car Stereo Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Stereo Question

It looks like I blew up the final stages of the built-in Amp in my $600 Eclipse head unit. I'm not taking it to the shop to pay $55/hour to have them look at it and tell me its broke. It has all the preouts that will work if I buy some Amps.

I have 6" Rockford-Fosgates separates in the 4 speaker locations (convertible).

What I need to know is where is the best (price and quality) but CHEAP, amps to get, and where can I put them in a convertible?

I want to get 2, 100Watt @4 ohms /chl, stereo amps.

I need my tunes, at least until I go back into foreign exile again

Bob

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Ive got a Soundstream Reference 405 poweramp in my basement collecting dust in it's original box. 5 channels stable to 1/4 ohm. I'll trade it for a factory non bose 94 CD player in like new condition.

Amp was ungodly expensive years ago when it was new and is still considered to be top notch.

Comment

I threw my non-CD radio away

Comment

So you want two 2ch amps right? How about the JBL P180.2

Output 4 Ohms: 90W x 2
        Output 2 Ohms: 180W x 2
        Output 4 Ohms Bridged: 360W x 1
        Variable 12dB electronic crossover allows the P-180.2 to be configured for a variety of applications

JBL amps are very tough and reliable at a good price. You can get this one for $134.10 each at ikesound.com http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/154

If you want just one amp how about the Rockford Fosgate Punch 801X

100w x 4 @ 4ohms $269 at ikesound http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/1395

For a mounting location I would definately mount them in the trunk.

Hope I could help....later

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

amp

One of my friends has a rockford fosgate 700x that he is selling for 250. New its around 500 he has only used it for abour 3 weeks he is getting another amp because the impedince does not match his sub the amp is either 87.5 watts rms x4 at 4 ohm
          or 175 watts rms x4 at 2 ohms depending on how you set them up. But his sub is a 1 ohm stable JL Audio W7 so he needs a new amp. rockford fosegate under rate there amps quite a bit i have a rockford fosegate 500x and a 700s and they push about 11 more whats per channel than advertised. If you are interested let me know.

99 T/A WS-6
          SLP strut tower brace, SLP sub-frame connectors, SLP intake, SLP Loudmouth exhaust, shift kit, SLP suspension system, SLP y-pipe
          2004 Mineral Gray Mustang Mach1 (stock, but ordering the SLP Loudmouth)
          88 IROC-Z, ZZ430 CRATE MOTOR, Flowmaster exhaust, MOSER 12-bolt with gears, and a few other mods.

Comment

Rockford Fosgate Punch 700X - amplifier

Product Info Lowest price: $269.99

Manufacturer: Rockford Corporation

Part number: 700X

View my list Add to my list

Sort by:Merchant CNET
            Certified Price State Est.
            shipping In Stock Shop

Etronics.com
            Company info | Buy Now $269.99
            as of 09/28/2003 NY 15.00 yes

Comment

Careful where you order from...

Not all places are authorized to sell all products, and usually you will have problems with warranty's. These people are authorized to sell everything you see, and more, because u can't advertise certain manufacturers, i.e. Sony, JL, etc... Sometimes you can find some really good deals. I would reccomend Sony for the price, Rockfords are nice too, a little more expensive though. Browse through this site and you might find something you like. Been dealing with these people for a long time.

A Phoenix Gold 4ch

this link is from rockford fosgates site... worth a look

Rockford Fosgate How to buy (and still get a warranty)
              1995 Firebird Formula
              (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

Working...
              X