time to decide on cam shaft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time to decide on cam shaft

alright monday night i finally got my timing chain and cam out and now im ready to put everything back in. i need some help on deciding on the size of cam i want. what i am looking for is that deep muscle car bum bum bum bum sound but i dont quite want the biggest cam out there for an lt1. i just need some opinions...also, bigger than the lt1 hotcam, if that helps.. thanks guys
    -Jeff

You talked about getting those 62cc Trick Flow's. Which head have you decided on? It will make a big difference in which cam I suggest.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
      You talked about getting those 62cc Trick Flow's. Which head have you decided on? It will make a big difference in which cam I suggest.
      No, i finally decided not to get those heads, they really are to big for my application and what im doing. so i am going to get a little smaller heads. first off, what size should i be looking at? 58cc-60cc? maybe more toward 58cc. second, now that i am going to get smaller heads, what cam would you suggest? i just wish i knew more about cams, but im here to learn. thanks for your help kevin.
      -Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by 94formulaLT1
        No, i finally decided not to get those heads, they really are to big for my application and what im doing. so i am going to get a little smaller heads. first off, what size should i be looking at? 58cc-60cc? maybe more toward 58cc. second, now that i am going to get smaller heads, what cam would you suggest? i just wish i knew more about cams, but im here to learn. thanks for your help kevin.
        Even a 58cc combustion chamber is going to lower your SCR .4 -.5 of a point. Any reason why you are so adamant about using an aftermarket head? Why don't you just get your LT1 heads ported and use larger valves. You'll make more power than using an "out of the box" aftermarket head.

Give me all the details possible about your car and I will suggest a cam for you.

Comment

Even a 58cc combustion chamber is going to lower your SCR .4 -.5 of a point. Any reason why you are so adamant about using an aftermarket head? Why don't you just get your LT1 heads ported and use larger valves. You'll make more power than using an "out of the box" aftermarket head.

Give me all the details possible about your car and I will suggest a cam for you.

well first what type of piston would i need to be able to run. maybe i will just get my heads ported, it would save me some money and it would work with my application for now. I can always take my heads back off when im ready to do the bottom end. for now, lets say i will keep my stock heads. what should i machine the intake and exhaust to? maybe 2.00 intake and 1.60 exhaust? is that to much for the stock heads? if you have aim i would really like it if you could IM me at BlackIceM1, we would get so much further if we could talk on there..i really need to get this project rolling. I have less than a month and a half before it HAS to be done..no ifs ands or buts.
          -Jeff

Comment

well first what type of piston would i need to be able to run. maybe i will just get my heads ported, it would save me some money and it would work with my application for now. I can always take my heads back off when im ready to do the bottom end. for now, lets say i will keep my stock heads. what should i machine the intake and exhaust to? maybe 2.00 intake and 1.60 exhaust? is that to much for the stock heads? if you have aim i would really like it if you could IM me at BlackIceM1, we would get so much further if we could talk on there..i really need to get this project rolling. I have less than a month and a half before it HAS to be done..no ifs ands or buts.
            I have to run to Houston to pick up a 4-wheeler and I should be back around 11:30 to Midnight. My AIM name is kgrubbs1320.

I'll get on AIM later.

Comment

I have to run to Houston to pick up a 4-wheeler and I should be back around 11:30 to Midnight. My AIM name is kgrubbs1320.

I'll get on AIM later.

alright i should be on... did you just wink at me... well, is there a time difference between texas and ohio? i dont know if i will be up that late cause i have work tomorrow at 8:30am-5:30. so i will be on tomorrow. i just talked to a friend of mine i work with and he gave me the name of a machine shop not to far away for head work. so by the look of it, i will be using my heads. so i guess we can go from there. i will tty tomorrow.
              -Jeff

Comment

did you just wink at me...
                What.....are you homophobic??

Comment

What.....are you homophobic??

i must say...just a little bit...cutie.. -_-
                  get on aim, i need to get scootin on this
                  -Jeff

Comment