STS turbo or ProTurbo kit for LT1???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS turbo or ProTurbo kit for LT1???

I am ordering a longblock at 8.5:1 compression for my 93 LT1 Trans Am after 180,000 miles of poundings. Wanted to see who has done the STS turbo on a built 383 motor or a Proturbo kit. I am purchasing the engine from Golen Engine Service since they speicalize in LT1's. At 12psi the motor is supposed to put out a whopping 630hp. Now that is what I call a daily driver sleeper. Wanted to know your opinions on this setup. I am siding with the STS turbo because of limited space and tech support.

Not many Turbocharged LT1's out there????? More reason to do it....hehe!

Comment

What heads are you going to use?

You'll find the stock LT1 castings are not very boost friendly. They have a very thin port floor and they have a port shape that is not the best for boost.

Both the STS and the PTK kits are going to run you a little over 5k all said and done for the air to air intercooled versions. The cost will be ultimately determined by which parts you choose to upgrade, ie. which boost controller, which wastegate, which BOV, which intercooler, which head unit, ceramic coating on the turbine and hot pipes, etc., etc..

Both kits can be ordered with quality parts, so basically it will boil down to where you want to mount the head unit and intercooler.

Comment

Working...
      X