My failed opti

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My failed opti

Some of these pics are hard to see, but this opti only had 7k on it. The cap and rotor looked like it had 50k in my opinion. Is this what it looks like when water gets in an unvented opti?

The screw was completely rusted, circled in red:

94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

The combination of moisture and ozone gas can quickly corrode everything inside of the Opti. This is why the vented versions are so important....it's not neccesarily to vent moisture out, it's to vent the toxic ozone gas out.

Converting to the LTCC setup eliminates the ozone problem because the high voltage is eliminated from within the Opti.

Comment

Very interesting notes, Kev. So will I be relatively safe with my new vented Dynaspark?
      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
        Very interesting notes, Kev. So will I be relatively safe with my new vented Dynaspark?
        Well, you should be as long as you have a good vacuum source pulling on the opti.

Comment

Working...
        X