Relocating Rear LCA Brackets:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocating Rear LCA Brackets:

I am taking my car into a shop this week to get the Spohn LCA brakets welded in to place. I bought Spohn LCA's and the bolt set to go along with the change out.

Does anyone have specs or detailed instructions that I can take with me to help the shop? This seems like one of those things that they need to get right the first time. I would prefer to come prepared.

Thanks,

Sin_Cere

PS: Spring Fever is burning... Red! I just picked up the car from my friend's body shop where she received a complete refresh. It looks beautiful.

I also picked up the following:

SLP 180 Thermostat
    SLP Fan Switch
    Magnaflow Cat
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    Hotchkiss Springs

It feels like a barmitzfa for my Trans Am.

I'll post some pictures soon of the project.

Sin_Cere

The relo bracket slips over the stock bracket from behind. The bolt goes through both of them, and you hold the bottom of the relo bracket hard against the back of the stock bracket, while you run a weld bead around the edge of the relo bracket, welding it to the stock bracket. I watched Steve Spohn weld mine in exactly that way.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Is it correct that I will be using the lowest of the two mounting holes in the brackets? Is there an application for both positions of mounting holes?

Comment

The top hole in the bracket is used for the bolt that goes through it and holds it to the stock bracket. That leaves two lower holes for dropping the LCA. There is no "definite" answer on which hole to put the LCA in. As a general guideline, use the upper hole on a stock ride height car and the lower one on a lowered car. But you need to try both to see which one works best. I run mine on the lower hole, and the back of my car actually sits a bit higher than stock because of the Drag Launch springs.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
        X