Track results?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track results?

Ok guys, tonight will be the first time I take the Firebird to the track. I'm not sure what these cars run stock but I have listed in my signature the list of mods I have done. What times can I expect to run in the quarter mile??
    NEW: 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring
    1992 Caviler Z24 -Winter car
    1999 Firebird
    Ram air hood
    Full Borla catback exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Headers
    WS6 air box
    Shift kit
    Intake

I apologize for the stupid question but is the car a V8?

I've seen A4 autos run anywhere from 13.5 to 14.3s.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Seeing how its your first time at the track with probably no experience in the 60', I'll guess high 13's. Assuming that your running on stock tires, remember to air them down slightly and DO NOT do a major John Force type burn out (just dust them off a bit), by pass the water box if at all possible.

I would also try and flash the converter at the line install of stalling it up at the line, with stock tires I doubt it would hold and your 60' would suffer greatly. The art of drag racing is in the 60' IMHO...the better you can launch the better your ET will be.

Just go and have fun, practice that launch!

Be sure to post your times...

Good Luck!

KnightFire
      1993 Formula Firebird
      Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
        I apologize for the stupid question but is the car a V8?
        No, it's a V6
        1999 Firebird
        Ram air hood
        K&N air filter
        Headers
        WS6 air box
        Shift kit
        Intake

Comment

Hmmm I'm not all that familiar with V6 cars but I would think you could clip off a 15.0 or so. Bottom line is, have a blast. Leave on the last yellow and smile all the way down the track. Also, leave the car in 3rd and not overdrive. That'll give you a better line pressure for quicker shifts as well as it being easier on the tranny.
          LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Oh wow...never mind about my prediction then...I saw the WS6 in the mod list...and figured you were running a LS1.

Figure on low to mid 15's then...Thats just a guess, don't have much knowledge on how fast the V6s run.

KnightFire
            1993 Formula Firebird
            Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Originally posted by KnightFire
              Seeing how its your first time at the track with probably no experience in the 60', I'll guess high 13's. Assuming that your running on stock tires, remember to air them down slightly and DO NOT do a major John Force type burn out (just dust them off a bit), by pass the water box if at all possible.

I would also try and flash the converter at the line install of stalling it up at the line, with stock tires I doubt it would hold and your 60' would suffer greatly. The art of drag racing is in the 60' IMHO...the better you can launch the better your ET will be.

Just go and have fun, practice that launch!

Be sure to post your times...

Good Luck!

KnightFire
              I've been to the track before and raced other cars, this is just the first for the Bird. I have a damn near perfect RT of .6 so I can drive. The tires are not stock but more of a race tire. The car is a V6 and I'm use to V8's so I'm not sure what to expect.
              1999 Firebird
              Ram air hood
              K&N air filter
              Headers
              WS6 air box
              Shift kit
              Intake

Comment

With your reaction time and your mods, you should be in the high 14s-15ish. It is hard to say if you haven't run this car before; have fun tonight.

Here are some magazine tests for what they're worth:

http://v6camaro.homestead.com/files/v6performance.htm
                '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                X