Power Steering Fluid Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Steering Fluid Problem

I am a newbie to the new board format...used to post some time ago on the previous board format....I like the new board and am thankful that this forum is continuing on!

Yesterday I took my 99 TA for a 120 mile round trip cruise. It was about 85 degrees with high humidity and I managed to get stuck in stop and go, bumper to bumper traffic for a fair amount of time. I usually only take my car out for short 25 to 30 mile cruises once a week. I drove the car much harder than usual yesterday.

When I got home, I noticed after a few minutes that I was leaking power steering fluid on to the garage floor. After checking some of the sites on the internet, I see that there is a problem with the LS1 engine and the location of the power steering reservoir that causes it to overheat.

My question is: Have I ruined the seals in the pump and reservoir and will I continue to leak fluid from now on or was the overheating an isolated incident that will not be repeated unless I put the car under similar circumstances again! Anybody ran into this and if so what did you do?

Thanks a bunch!
Working...
X