This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solid Roller Lifters

Just ordered my custom grind solid roller cam from Comp. Was wondering if anybody had any advice on what type of lifters. I was looking at Comp's Endure-X Solid Roller Lifters.

get hydraulic rollers. u will get a bit more duration
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I can't believe this guy above me just suggested that you run a hydraulic lifter with a solid roller grind cam. Just plain stupid. And more duration from running a hydraulic lifter as opposed to a solid lifter?????????....again complete lack of knowledge. 88bird5spd is known for giving horrible advice and proclaims to be a mechanic. Go figure.

The Endure-X lifter is the best soild roller out there for street/strip applications. That new EDM oil injection technology is awesome.

Comment

You might also want to look at the Crower Cutaway Severe Duty lifters.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
          I can't believe this guy above me just suggested that you run a hydraulic lifter with a solid roller grind cam. Just plain stupid. And more duration from running a hydraulic lifter as opposed to a solid lifter?????????....again complete lack of knowledge. 88bird5spd is known for giving horrible advice and proclaims to be a mechanic. Go figure.

The Endure-X lifter is the best soild roller out there for street/strip applications. That new EDM oil injection technology is awesome.
          While I agree that the obvious solid vs. hydraulic error is a definite no-no, we must refrain from descriptions like "stupid" Good or in this case bad tech advice, it's got to remain impersonal.

I might have said:

Originally posted by 88bird5spd
          get hydraulic rollers. u will get a bit more duration
          No!

First, you don't put hydraulic lifters with a solid lifter ground cam. You should match the lifters specifically to the cam.

Second, a comparible hydraulic grind will typically offer less realized duration for any given grind than an identical solid grind due to the design of the lifter.

Third, The Endure-X lifter is the best soild roller out there for street/strip applications. That new EDM oil injection technology is awesome.

Just doin' my job to uphold the rules of the board.

Comment

Solid Roller Lifters

I am currently assembling a 383 with a Ligenfelter Mechanical Roller Camshaft I have researched and talked with a few different machinist that have been using these in some small block and newer big block applications. Some of the big block cams were running .750 lift he mentioned that these virtually indestructable. These use the original dog bones and allow the lifters to be independant of each other and the are no Horizontal or vertical bars to break. Crane Cams Part #270-10510-16 Mechanical Roller Lifters
            SB-Chevy 305-350ci 1988-00 (except LS-1 and SB2)
            Long travel design for engines originally equipped with hydraulic roller lifters
            Complete Set, 16/pkg
            Just my .50 cent.

Comment

Working...
            X