exhaust question....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust question....

Hey guys, I am currently running Pacesetter LT headers w/ Y-pipe, no cats, and the SLP loudmouth Cat-back. I did the loumouth first and liked it, but when I put the headers and other stuff on over the winter the car just became annoyingly loud, even though I like loud cars - this is too much!! What I was wondering is which cat-back system could I replace the SLP loud-mouth with that would still give me great flow, but not be such an extremely loud annoying sound whith the rest of my exhaust. I still need the cat-back to flow very good since I am running a supercharged application, so my exhaust flow is very important. I was told that the Magnaflow would quiet it down a good amount while still providing excellent flow. Any comments greatly appreciated.......
    1997 Camaro Z28 w/ LT1. SRP forged pistons, Eagle H-Beam forged Rods, 9.2:1 comp ratio. Voretch S-trim supercharger w/ 6 lbs. boost. 36 lb. injecters, T-Rex in-line fuel pump 3:73 gears, Auto w/ Hughes 3,000 stall, transgo shift-kit, LE2 heads + custom cam, 52 mm. tb, Comp. 1.6 rr. + chromemoly pushrods, pacesetter LT's, no cats, Y-pipe, SLP loudmouth cat-back, SLP sub-frame connectors, MSD wires, HI-6R ignition, I think thats it.....

I still have the stock SS cat-back with the SLP 2 OTL setup on my 96 SS with my Pacesetter longtubes. I think it flows as well as any other system out there. I put dual 3" cats in my y-pipe and it's even quieter. I bet if you put dual 3" cats in your y-pipe it would make the Loudmouth much quieter.

69 Z28 with JL8 factory 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, transistor ignition, radio delete, heater delete - being restored
    70 SS 396 L78 documented, #'s matching
    2000 SS Camaro daily beater

Comment

It's the lack of cats that makes it so throaty.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLT1
        Hey guys, I am currently running Pacesetter LT headers w/ Y-pipe, no cats, and the SLP loudmouth Cat-back. I did the loumouth first and liked it, but when I put the headers and other stuff on over the winter the car just became annoyingly loud, even though I like loud cars - this is too much!! What I was wondering is which cat-back system could I replace the SLP loud-mouth with that would still give me great flow, but not be such an extremely loud annoying sound whith the rest of my exhaust. I still need the cat-back to flow very good since I am running a supercharged application, so my exhaust flow is very important. I was told that the Magnaflow would quiet it down a good amount while still providing excellent flow. Any comments greatly appreciated.......
        -Hey I thought I would just say that if go another route then the LM I would be interesed in taking it off your hands, please let me no.
        1995 Trans Am, 75k, T-tops, 6-speed, Pace Setter Long Tubes and ORY, Custom Flow-TECH Terminator Exhaust, Hurst Shifter, Cags plus free mods........Up next; Tune and CAI

Comment

How about a high flow cat.
          94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Comment

ya transam95, pm me if interested
            1997 Camaro Z28 w/ LT1. SRP forged pistons, Eagle H-Beam forged Rods, 9.2:1 comp ratio. Voretch S-trim supercharger w/ 6 lbs. boost. 36 lb. injecters, T-Rex in-line fuel pump 3:73 gears, Auto w/ Hughes 3,000 stall, transgo shift-kit, LE2 heads + custom cam, 52 mm. tb, Comp. 1.6 rr. + chromemoly pushrods, pacesetter LT's, no cats, Y-pipe, SLP loudmouth cat-back, SLP sub-frame connectors, MSD wires, HI-6R ignition, I think thats it.....

Comment

I agree that headers + Loudmouth = absolutely annoying. The Magnaflow's sound great in my opinion. I've heard them on a few LT1's and they have a nice deep throaty sound but are not too loud.

Comment

Working...
              X