flowmaster?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flowmaster?

Hey i was gona put flowmaster on my 3800, how much hp should that give me? Is there any other type of exaust i should go with thats better around 400$? Also any other recomendations? Thanks.

You could look for a used stock V8 exhaust. This is a common upgrade for the V6 and adds some power while not sounding horrible. Just a thought.
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Steve, we've gone through this before lol. It sounds amazing. It just flows terribly. My car sounds real beefy. I'm yet to hear a complaint about the sound (aside from complaints from middle aged women about how loud it is)
      Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
      SOLD- Kinda miss it
      94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
      SOLD- Good riddance!
      2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

It's hard to make a 3.8 sound good. Personally, I'd stay away from Flowmasters...they rust from the inside out and normally decreases performance. Granted anything is probably better than the stock piping, I'd still go with something else. $400 is a good bit of money. Magnaflow has great products. Our site sponsors have them...life time warranty and better craftsmanship imo.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
          Steve, we've gone through this before lol. It sounds amazing. It just flows terribly. My car sounds real beefy. I'm yet to hear a complaint about the sound (aside from complaints from middle aged women about how loud it is)
          Its a V6 genius, not a V8 lol . There's a big difference in sound.
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

...good call. Anyhow, I think it's generally agreed that you've best off just using the exhaust from a V8. Depends on the sound you want though.
            Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
            SOLD- Kinda miss it
            94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
            SOLD- Good riddance!
            2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

I have got the one off my formula v8 I would sell you super cheap if you want. just cover shipping an my time F ing with it to send to you. Let me know. Blazer oh zlee@bellsouth.net

Comment

I have a flowmaster on my on V6 well had til the engine went lol..I didnt mind the sound..it sounded 100% better from stock of course lol...It wasnt too raspy sounding everyone I knew liked the sound to be a V6 but i suppose its all in what you like and want :-D

**Red 98 Trans Am--Flowmaster--MTI Clear Lid--Smooth Bellow--B&M Shift Kit**
                **White 98 Dodge Stratus--Daily Driver!**
                **RIP Red Firebird 170k**

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Camaro
                  Hey i was gona put flowmaster on my 3800, how much hp should that give me? Is there any other type of exaust i should go with thats better around 400$? Also any other recomendations? Thanks.
                  I'm going to suggest the Borla rear section. It was originally designed as a muffler back replacement for the 93 V8. It is merely a muffler and quad intercooled tips with slightly smaller tubing than the adjustable high doller catback system. It sounds great on a v6. It still has the low rumble, yet the raspy high end is a little more toned down. It's an excellent system, stainless steel so it won't rust, and it's in your price range. I've currently got one on my 94. In my opinion, it's the best sounding exhaust for the V6.

Comment

I have the American Thunder Flowmasters and I love both the sound and performance I get from it.
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2317021/1

2001 Blk Firbird Formula 6 sp hurst shift (my toy) Upgrades: American thunder Flowmasters, Cross drilled rotors, Centerforce Clutch and Flywheel. Car is in Bodyshop for full painting now with Ram Air, Rims, and wing being installed.
                    2006 Blk Cobalt SS (my commuter car)
                    2003 Harley 1200 sportster 100th anniversary (For sale)
                    2007 Jeep compass

Comment

Working...
                    X