Confused

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused

Response from parts company when I asked them to describe in more detail about the duct assembly I was ordering. Which is on its way here, and will be here probably Tue. "I do not have access to SLP items, or catalogs. 25147210 is callout number 1 in illustration MF03-096. It is the air cleaner outlet rear duct, with air intake temperature sensor. For vehicles without a/c, and noise level control (export option.)"
    My car has air conditioning. Does that mean the part I ordered will make my air conditioner not work I want air conditioning????? 1LE elbow
    Doesnt the 1LE elbow suppose to have a harder rubber then the stock 1? Mechanic told me the stock elbows came with 2 rips on the lip easier to put it on. Is that true? I hope the 1LE doesn't have any rips on it.
    94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Originally posted by EquatorHeat00
    Response from parts company when I asked them to describe in more detail about the duct assembly I was ordering. Which is on its way here, and will be here probably Tue. "I do not have access to SLP items, or catalogs. 25147210 is callout number 1 in illustration MF03-096. It is the air cleaner outlet rear duct, with air intake temperature sensor. For vehicles without a/c, and noise level control (export option.)"
    My car has air conditioning. Does that mean the part I ordered will make my air conditioner not work I want air conditioning????? 1LE elbow
    Doesnt the 1LE elbow suppose to have a harder rubber then the stock 1? Mechanic told me the stock elbows came with 2 rips on the lip easier to put it on. Is that true? I hope the 1LE doesn't have any rips on it.
    It sounds like you ordered the right part. No, it will not prevent your a/c from working. And elbows should not have any rips in them ever.

I'd recommend finding a different mechanic if he is claiming it is supposed to be ripped.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
      I'd recommend finding a different mechanic if he is claiming it is supposed to be ripped.
      I think he meant to say ribbed. Stock intake elbows are ribbed to allow them to bend, so they're easier to take on and off. 1LE elbows are smooth, without ribs.

As for the part not working with A/C, it shouldn't affect your a/c, but it may have clearance issues. That's usually what comapies are warning about when they say w/ or w/o a/c. It's how the part fits in the engine bay.
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
        I think he meant to say ribbed. Stock intake elbows are ribbed to allow them to bend, so they're easier to take on and off. 1LE elbows are smooth, without ribs.

As for the part not working with A/C, it shouldn't affect your a/c, but it may have clearance issues. That's usually what comapies are warning about when they say w/ or w/o a/c. It's how the part fits in the engine bay.
        The 1LE elbow is exactly the same as a stock elbow except for the hole for the silencer tube is blocked off.

It will not cause you any problems.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I'm glad to here that!
          94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Comment

The reason it says its for non-AC cars is because its for the 1LE, and in the early years the 1LE was mandatory non-AC. That's why the AC delete pulley is called the "1LE pulley"..... because the 1LE had no AC. You have the correct part and it will work perfectly on your car with AC. It has nothing to do with the AC.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
            X