Windshield wiper motor died

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield wiper motor died

My windshield wipers aren't working. I replaced the fuse and they still aren't working. How do I replace the motor for the wipers?
    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
    SOLD- Kinda miss it
    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
    SOLD- Good riddance!
    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

I used this when i replaced mine, maybe it will help.

http://home.cfl.rr.com/mkaprocki/Camaro/WiperMotor.mht

97 Firebird, 3.8 5 spd

Comment

solution:

stop driving in the rain!!!
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

In order to get to the motor you have to take the windshield wiper arms off, they are pressed on tight and have a special tool to remove them I was able to use a battery terminal puller to get them off. There is also another tool that helps disconnect the motor from the metal arms that move the wiper arms (I don’t know the name) but I was able to use an open wrench to pop it off the joint. Hope this helps.

97 Firebird, 3.8 5 spd

Comment

Apparently they decided to start working on their own again

I was driving my brother to a diner to get a burger and on the way I was explaining my dilemma. I said, "stupid $#%*#&% windshield wipers", turned the knob that works them and they came on. My brother an I looked at each other and nearly died laughing. What the heck would cause them to suddenly stop working? Could it be a sign the motors are on their way out? Both of them died so I don't know what's going on there.
          Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
          SOLD- Kinda miss it
          SOLD- Good riddance!
          2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

.... sounds like a connection is loose to me since they started working suddenly again, that is as long as they were working normally when they turned back on, and if thats all it is then its an easy/cheap fix
            1990 Eagle talon TSI- daily driver

78' firebird formula -350/350- stock...now dead

Comment

Sometimes tree sap or just sitting dry for a long time will make them stick to the windshield.

Next time it fails, push it a little with your hand you might find it was just stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by ReBop
                Sometimes tree sap or just sitting dry for a long time will make them stick to the windshield.

Next time it fails, push it a little with your hand you might find it was just stuck.
                I tried that too. Something similar has happened before. Every few months I'll turn my wipers on, then when I turn them off they don't go down all the way. They sit 4" or so from where they're supposed to be.
                SOLD- Kinda miss it
                SOLD- Good riddance!

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                  solution:

stop driving in the rain!!!
                  Amen to that!

As soon as I get my new vehicle this summer the T/A will be retiring to the garage for some much needed modding and it will only come out for pleasure drives.
                  1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

My 'burban had a circut board on the side of the wiper motor, and it was getting corrosion on the contacts. GM had a recall on certain years, but mine wasn't called, so I just cleaned the contacts and its been good for a number of years now.
                    The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
                      I tried that too. Something similar has happened before. Every few months I'll turn my wipers on, then when I turn them off they don't go down all the way. They sit 4" or so from where they're supposed to be.
                      yeah mine do that too....i wonder what the deal is, cuz i sure want to get it fixed.
                      LarryMow-93 V6 Firebird-No engine mods-Z06 Wheels, '98 Taillights,'98 Center Console-SLP fan switch-BMR STB, F/R Swaybars, PHB,LCA,Torque Arm, SFC, Bilsteins, Eibachs....www.cardomain.com/ride/2489691/1

Comment

Working...
                      X