Accel dual sync distributor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accel dual sync distributor

Does anyone have one of these in either the high cap or low cap or the corvette version? If so do you know what the signal output is for the hig and low res wires? Also anyone with an LT1 can you tell me what the output of the Opti crap...opps I mean opti spark dist. is on the high and low res wires? eg. pulse per second. I hope to be able to mate a dual sync dist. to an LT1 harness, and need to know If I have to make a converter or different hall effect plate for the distributor.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
    In a constant state of upgrade!

The high res pulse is simple.... its just a matter of counting the 360 slots around the outside edge of the wheel. The low res pulse is the difficult one. It has 4 variable length slots, alternating with 4 equal length slots, each one representing a specific cylinder. I can give you the slot width in degrees if you want.

I've heard of at least one person fitting the Opti optical module in an HEI distributor, but I have not heard of anyone successfully replicating the Opti low res pulse pattern without the module.

One exception would be Electromotive. They developed a chip that used a toothed crank wheel and magnetic pickup as an input signal, and synthesized the Opti high and low res pulse patterns. Obvious from the description it the fact that it will not necessarily "synch" correctly with the true cam position, since its driven off the crank. The engineer at E'motive was working on finding a way to synch the chip correctly, and never managed to do it while he worked at E'motive. He is now the engineer behind the Delteq system, and has been trying for several more years to come up with the solution, and still hasn't.

EDIT:

#1-2deg....#8-7deg....#4-2deg....#3-12deg....#6-2deg....#5-17deg....#7-2deg....#2-22deg
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
      Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
      6.2L/382.97 ci
      Custom PROM Dyno tuned
      WCT-5 speed
      BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
      Boss MS 18" Rims
      Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
      Custom Dual exhaust