Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's where my money went for the last 4 months...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you mind terribly if I copied you and made my timing cover and pump red? That looks very nice with the red manifold..

I have not ordered powder yet. Is there a high temp powder I need to use?
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Noice! Vewy vewy noice!!!

When you gonna run it at GLD?
      96 T/A - Heavily Modded
      87 Caprice DGCM Boxie - Stock

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
        Would you mind terribly if I copied you and made my timing cover and pump red? That looks very nice with the red manifold..

I have not ordered powder yet. Is there a high temp powder I need to use?
        LOL Tracy! I'n not the first guy to do a red engine, so if you want red, then do red!

The powder cures at 250°F for a half hour, so it's OK for engine parts not subject to too much heat. If you want fancy powder, there are a lot of sources on the inet and Eastwood also carries a lot of it. A can of the harbor freight powder is $10, but they only have a few colors. One thing, though is all my colors aren't really the same. It might not be that noticeable when the engine is all covered in hoses and wires & such.

Comment

Originally posted by ws6drbob
          So what kind of numbers are expected once the blower is strapped on?
          I don't know Bob. The blower is too small & no intercooler except the methanol. So I can spin it faster, but then it might just heat up the air. It'll be a while before I buy a T-Trim just cause I'm sick of spending money. The old setup made about 480 hp, and this one should be somewhat better.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
            I don't know Bob. The blower is too small & no intercooler except the methanol. So I can spin it faster, but then it might just heat up the air. It'll be a while before I buy a T-Trim just cause I'm sick of spending money. The old setup made about 480 hp, and this one should be somewhat better.

Nice! So when a new blower and intercooler get thrown into the mix it should make some really nice power. I would be interested in seeing the dyno curve if you ever make it to one.
            1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

Originally posted by ws6drbob
              Nice! So when a new blower and intercooler get thrown into the mix it should make some really nice power. I would be interested in seeing the dyno curve if you ever make it to one.
              Except it will probably then take out the trans.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                Except it will probably then take out the trans.
                Oh well... SSDD I guess
                1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

Looks like fun.
                  LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                  X