head work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head work

I'mbuilding up a 95 LT1 from a 95 Trans Am for another project, I have my plans for the bottom end pretty much figured out, but was going to send my head to the head shop and was wondering what should I have done to them above the standard overhaul, I was think about porting them but since my plans envole forced induction and turbos, I've heard porting isn't that big of a deal but was still thinking about gasket matching and polishing them, maybe s/s valves and a 3 angle valve job, what other mods should I look into?
    1995 Pontiac Trans Am Formula

My neighbor builds "performance" engines for a living. Since you are in Atlanta would you like his name and number? He can do it all for you.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I'm pretty good with building stock and rather mild engines, but haven't to much experience with a motor of this sort, so sure having a reference I can call would help but I'm still a DIYer
      1995 Pontiac Trans Am Formula

Comment

Let the pro's do your head porting. Don't even think about trying to port your heads yourself if you don't have any training and porting experience. You can quickly and easily ruin a cylinder head. It's not near as easy as you think. Lots of mathematics, geometry, and experience involved.

Not to say you can't learn, by all means do so if you wish, but for your first set of heads, get 'em done right.

Either have a pro do some hand porting, or take it to a shop that has CNC capabilities.

Comment

Working...
        X