'94 Camaro tailight problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '94 Camaro tailight problem

I have a 1994 z-28 Camaro. I replaced my stock taillights with some altezza euro taillights. When i installed the tail lights i realized my lights on my passenger side were brighter than the driver side. Its annoying and definetly noticeable, people tell me all the time on the street. I was wondering if anyone knows how adjust the brightness of the lights, or if anyone knows what controls the brightness. Maybe its a fuse, maybe its something expensive i dont know, help please....
    1994 Z-28 Camaro, 350LT1 A4, K&N Cold Air Intake, Edelbrock Long Tube Headers, Pro Flow Catalytic Convertor, BMR control arms & panhard rod, Eibach lowering springs, subframe connectors, Hotchkis strut tower brace.

There is no adjustment for brightness. You most likely have a dirty ground connection somewhere. Find the grounds, remove them, sand them clean and bolt them back. Does anyone here know exactly where the tails ground on a 94??

Good luck

Comment

um, WTH are you doing with altezzas on there, anyway?
      I thought those were reserved for ricers
      my car:
      '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
      check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

To each his own. No bashing on the web site.

I suggest the same thing. Check the grounds. I can't think of anything else that could cause this.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Did you notice any difference in the brightness of the original lights?

Maybe something is wrong with one of the lights (early Monday or late Friday product) so it looks darker.
          97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

With all due respect, clear tail lights on a camaro just don't look good. I've even heard ricers say that they look awful on our cars. Some things were just not meant to be..... Back to the subject, if it is in fact a faulty ground, wouldn't it have done the same thing with the stock tail lights?
            1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

My lights are tight

First off the Altezza's look great on my ride, second if your ever in the Sonoma County area look for a Forest Green Z-28 with altezza's it will smoke the shit out of you. I wouldnt have bought them if they didnt look good, everyone around ere loves them, i guess its a California thing. Anyways i check the grounds in the trunk, they are working fine. I dont remember the light being brighter when i had the original covers on. I guess next i will have to check the bulbs, any other suggestions, this time without making fun of my car.....
              1994 Z-28 Camaro, 350LT1 A4, K&N Cold Air Intake, Edelbrock Long Tube Headers, Pro Flow Catalytic Convertor, BMR control arms & panhard rod, Eibach lowering springs, subframe connectors, Hotchkis strut tower brace.

Comment

whoa, sorry everyone
                I was just messin with everyone. Sorry, just used to doin it on the other forum I go to all the time. . No need to get all offended here
                my car:
                '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
                check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

Take the bulbs out of the housings and turn them on. See if one is brighter. If not, the housings are inconsistant. If one is brighter, try replacing the bulbs and if that doesnt work you have a dirty ground to hunt down.

Don't take critisizm from other board members personally. We all have our opinions. I don't care for the rice lights either, but to each his own. I know it is more popular in some areas than others. It will probably be cool here someday too. We are always behind in the trends.

Comment

the tail light housings arent hard to swap.... to see if its a defect in the alteezas you could put the old ones back on and see if its still noticeable. Dont discount the possibility that the alteezas are bad. APC (and other companies if thats not who made them) are known for mass producing as quickly as possible and their quality control is lacking. You say you checked the grounds...did you pull them off...lightly sand them and tighten them back down? Or did you just visually see that they are attached? Thats two different things entirely. I have never used Alteezas myself. did you have to change the wiring by putting new bulb sockets and things? If you had to muck with the wiring at all I would definitely revisit that

Comment

Update....

My Altezza's just swap out the original tail light housing, they use the OEM wiring harness and bulbs. No bulbs were replaced in the process. Also i had already sanded the grounds, and used a volt meter to test the ground, and it is in perfect working order. Could the dimmer bulb maybe be dying, should i replace it. I will take a picture tonight off the car in the dark, i will post tommorow.....

Comment

I have a dumb question, could the bulbs be in rotated 180 degrees?
                        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

You should be able to look at the bulbs while on and determine if its the bulb or not. Try switching the good bulb from one side to the other and see if you get the same result.

P.S. Here in L.A. County, theres a Yellow 93 Z28 with Stock tail lights that is guaranteed to beat any F-Bod with Altezzas in the west coast (Including Forrest Green Z28's)!

1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

WoooHoooo

Comment

Nice car

Man that Yellow Camaro looks like a baddass, of course it would smoke the shit out of me. Once i build mine well see how it goes, i am only 18 with a nice car, i need to save some money im not fortunate enough to have a bank account for car projects. But thanx for the tip i will have to try that out.

Comment

Working...
                              X