Drivers side window problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers side window problems

I know there have been numerous posts dealing with the drivers side motor, but Im not sure if my problem entails only that. Just recently i was driving and i had to brake suddenly, my window (about halfway down) slid foward. I figured it was just off the track so i took off the panel and tried to realign it only to notice that the piece connected to the window was completely separated from the track (the X looking piece, not sure of proper name). I attempted to guide it as i rolled the window up only to encounter another problem, about half way up the front of the window stops and the back countinues throwing the window completely out of whack. now the whole window is crooked nomatter what position it is in, as well as being extremely loose (i can move it back and forth left to right, very 'flimsy') does anyone know if this is a fixable problem? if so, anyone know how to? I can send photos if needed, but just imagine an extremely crooked window, lol

Thanks
    Anthony
    1996 TA LT1 A4 - K&N intake... Flowmaster Super 40s (American Thunder)... ram air II hood on its way

I've documented the 4th gen window mechanism in depth. I have a picture and video, let me know if this helps you explain your cars problem better...

and the video is HERE
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

The little wheel and stem that goes into guide number 3 just broke on mine, The whole wheel and stem popped out of the piece that is connected to the window, I tried putting it back into the hole with some jb weld but it lasted 1 day before it broke off, is it possible to find only that piece that oonnects to the window?

SOLD 1995 Trans AM 6 Speed 68k Miles - Ram Air, Borla Cat-Back, AR TTII's, JL Audio W6v2 Stealthbox and 500/1 MonoBlock Amp, Alpine Component Speaker Systems

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanius
        The little wheel and stem that goes into guide number 3 just broke on mine, The whole wheel and stem popped out of the piece that is connected to the window, I tried putting it back into the hole with some jb weld but it lasted 1 day before it broke off, is it possible to find only that piece that oonnects to the window?
        That is a common point of failure. Yes, that main rail can be replaced.
        I see window rail sets sell every so often on Ebay for $30. Drilling out the 3 rivets holding the glass to the rail is the "fun" part.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
        X