Lowering?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering?

I have a 95 Camaro Z28(non 1le package) and i recently lowered my car an inch in both the front and back. Now my front camber is way off and i've been looking for a camber kit or something to fix it and i've come up with nothing. I was wondering what i should do to fix the camber and where i can get it???
    1995 Camaro Z28 auto

What makes you think your camber need adjustments? I lowered my car 1.25 front and rear and have no issues at all with camber; tire wear is perfect. A one inch drop shouldn't even affect it. Personally, I never seen a camber correction kit. I think our set-up neglects us for having one. Correct me if I'm wrong though...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

He needs a camber adjusment because he lowered the car. Its normal to get an alignment after you lower the car, because A) is screws up the alignment, and B) the stock alignment isn't the best for a lowered car. But he doesn't need a camber kit.

"Camber" kits are for strut type suspensions. The 4th Gen suspension is not a "strut", its an unequal A-arm suspension. There is more than enough room in the adjustments to accomodate a 1" drop. Get it to a good alignment shop ASAP.

Suggest that they use:
      -toe in 0.10
      -camber -1.0deg
      -caster +4.0deg
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Appreciate the advice

Ive actually have already brought my car to a place to get it adjusted and they said that i needed the kit. When in reality i think they just didnt know how to get my lowered car on the lift. They don't let you watch them work so.... anythings possible. I'll try to go to a better place appreciate the advice thank you!!!
        1995 Camaro Z28 auto

Comment

I've had my car droped 1.25 " as well needed an alighnement afterwords but that was all, as for that mechanic?...run away very fast find another
          95 Z28 LT1, Edelbrock headers w/ Full exhaust, cold air intake, TCI 1800 stall convertor, shift kit, Eibach springs, KYB shocks

Comment

What you need is replacement upper control arms. Once these cars are lowered, the factory adjustment may not be enough. For example, BMR www.bmrfabrication.com offers tubular control arms that allow a revised ball joint angle and with it, that extra bit of adjustment for lower cars. This will bring your camber issues back into line, no pun intended. That being said, I don't know why you would need it for only a 1" drop.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-bodySuspension.htm

Comment

Working...
            X