Uncontrolled revving issue.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncontrolled revving issue.....

ok i took the car out for a spin today and noticed when i depressed the clutch to glide the car say in neutral at about 30mph or whatever speed, it seems like something gets stuck and the motor continues to rev upwards to about 3500rpm! i solved the problem a few times by shutting her down then starting it up again but the problem is becoming more and more frequent... i just finished my clutch install but noticed it did it once before that... i did install 1.6 rr that did sound a bit noisy... its not throwing any codes though..... what could this be?

thanks

Most likely culprit is that you have unmetered air getting in dowstream of the TB. I'm not sure if you are running a type of BOV or boost controller bleed-off valve, but if you actually have postive pressure normally in the intake manifold at a normal idle, then a leak downstream of the TB would only be exacerbated by the boost at idle and thus causing the extremely high idle.

Just to be sure, check all your vacuum lines and hoses. Especially the booster hose.

Comment

Working...
    X