pipe diameter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pipe diameter?

What is the stock pipe size for my car? I was thinking about getting an exhaust cut out since i can't afford and cat back right now. Also where should i put it? I was thinking of right after the cat. But then i was like hmmmm....right before the cat....opinions needed
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

IMO, you will really be disappointed with the way a cutout sounds....especially with stock manifolds.

Save the money for another worthwhile mod.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
      IMO, you will really be disappointed with the way a cutout sounds....especially with stock manifolds.

Save the money for another worthwhile mod.
      I figured for 30 bucks it couldn't hurt(summit brand)

oh, and would it help performance any? if not then its just a waste of money to me But like fast said, its stock manifolds and a stock cat.

Oh and one last thing, when people edit i've noticed its says "edit" but not on my edited posts(including these last two statements) is it only something other users see or is it something the users type in?
      2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
        I figured for 30 bucks it couldn't hurt(summit brand)

oh, and would it help performance any? if not then its just a waste of money to me But like fast said, its stock manifolds and a stock cat.

Oh and one last thing, when people edit i've noticed its says "edit" but not on my edited posts(including these last two statements) is it only something other users see or is it something the users type in?
        The "last edited" part with the timestamp below your sig is automatically generated. Whenever you see the word "EDIT" in someone's edited post, they have manually typed it in......usually to differentiate the edited part from the original post.

Comment

I think if you edit your post within 1 minute of submitting it, it won't generate the "edit" statment.

Also, the stock i-pipe is 2.75" and y-pipe is around 2-2.25" (I think?). Agreed with Kev, I wouldn't really bother with the cutout. Just wait until you can put more in for a full exhaust.
          94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

The stock intermediate pipe is 2.75" in diameter.
            Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

I dont even think i saw a cut out for 2.75". I saw 2.25, 2.5 and 3. Oh well the cat back will have to do $30 dollars down $450 to go
              2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

I went to ls1sounds.com and listened to a cutout stock manifolds and you guys are right, yuck. It was an LS1 but i don't really imagine the LT1 would be much better if at all.
                2006 Saturn Ion Redline

Comment

I think my cutout sounds alright with stock manifolds. It's nowhere near as sweet as a cutout with headers but I'm happy with it.
                  1989 TA
                  Flowmaster exhaust
                  Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
                  K&N CAI
                  Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
                    I went to ls1sounds.com and listened to a cutout stock manifolds and you guys are right, yuck. It was an LS1 but i don't really imagine the LT1 would be much better if at all.
                    Yuck is right. Even with LT headers, they still just don't sound right. I think you will be very happy with the right quality catback.

Comment

Just get a Magnaflow muffler. Performance, and sound is better then stock.
                      94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Comment

Working...
                      X