Engine light

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine light

I have a 95 camaro z28 and when i am at idle i don't have the engine light on, but the second i hit the gas the light goes on. My year is also the wierd year, so i cant go to autozone to look up what i need. Just curious if there a popular promblem with that symptom?
    1995 Camaro Z28 auto

Without getting it scanned for the exact DTC, it is really just anybody's guess as to what the problem is.

If it is not blinking, then that is a fairly solid indicator that whatever the problem is, it is not creating a misfire.

Get it scanned with either an adapter cable and OBD-I scanning software, or use a OBD-I interface setup to work with the OBD-II connector that you have:

Comment

No misfire detection on a 95, and no "blinking"
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Duh, I knew that.

Fred's right, ignore my misfire comments.

Comment

Somethimes when i start up i get a very rough idle and my rpms are low and then i shut the car off and on and it's fine, or if i let it sit a min. I scanned the car and i got two o2 sensors codes and two egr valve codes. Could it be the egr valve? I heard if it sticks it will do that!
          1995 Camaro Z28 auto

Comment

If you give us the specific codes for the O2 sensors, we might be able to help you out. There are only 2 codes in OBD-I for the EGR valve, one for the vacuum solenoid (solenoid or wiring defective) and one for the EGR flow. The latter code sets when the PCM cycles the EGR valve and doesn't see the required change in MAP pressure. That could indicate a sticking valve, and if the valve it sticking open at idle, it will cause the engine to run rough and even stall.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
            X