stall and gears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stall and gears

Hi I would like to get a 3000 stall and 3.73 gears. What brand should I get and also what kind of tranny cooler do I need?

I like TCI converters, but there are several companies makeing good stuff. As far as gears go, I have used Richmond gears with good luck, but it seems most people here use Motive.
    1994 Z28 Camaro-Project carbed 4th gen
    1995 Silverado-beater truck
    2005 Colorado Z71-Daily driver

Comment

I went with Motive gears, Precision Indistries' Vigilante converter, and a simple B&M cooler.
      '95 Trans Am - A4, LE2 heads, LE1 cam, 1.6 ProMags, Comp R's, AS&M CAI, AS&M 54mm, MAC midlengths, Random Tech. cat, Borla cat back, PCMforless, Vigilante 2800, 3.73's, BMR LCAs/panhard/shock tower brace

Comment

What series of tci should i look at, street fighter? Those were priced at 642 i believe. What Vig should i look into and how much does it cost.

Comment

Fuddle Racing is making an awesome converter right now. We just put a 3600 in a '67 Camaro RS Pro Touring car we are working on right now and it feels solid as a rock and the lockup in nice and smooth yet a firm engagement. Drives without a flaw on the street.

I've always liked Vigilante converters, but I think we will be buying from Fuddle from now on. Awesome customer service as well.

Comment

would the 3000 stall be right for the 3.73, would i need a bigger stall? I want to put down some killer 60 foot times and go 0-60 rather fast.

Comment

Originally posted by 96z28
              would the 3000 stall be right for the 3.73, would i need a bigger stall? I want to put down some killer 60 foot times and go 0-60 rather fast.
              There are so many factors that go into having the right converter built. Best bet would be just to call Fuddle and let them ask you all the common questions. Then they can build you a converter with the stall speed that is designed specifically for your car.

An "off the shelf" coverter rated at a 3000 flash stall speed might flash to 3000 behind a mild 400 HP small block, but would flash to a significantly higher speed behind a blown BBC.

"Off the shelf" converters can work in some applications, but the converter manufacturer will be best suited to determine whether or not you should have a converter built to work with your specific application.

Comment

I have emailed fuddle to see what they recomend. About what would a healthy a4 with bolt ons, 3.73 and a 3000 stall run at near sea level?

Comment

Working...
                X