Water pumps ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water pumps ?

I've been told that you can free up to 10 HP by switching to a high flow electric pump for my 97 LT1. Others tell me that high flow mechanical pumps are more reliable. I already have a hypertech 160 stat which the engine stays cool by the gauge.I am doing everything I can do around the engine with aftermarket parts to increase the HP.I know every mod that I install around the engine helps for more Horsies.I was also thinking of switching to synthetic oil .Can you help me make a wise desicion ? Thank You.
    [B]97 WS6 TransAm 6 speed Mods--Grey leather interior-Granatelli MAF-58mm BBK TB-Hypertech programmer-Hypertech 160 stat-BBK aluminum crank pulley-Skip shift eliminator-B&M sport shifter-Aeromotive LT1 fuel pressure regulator(46psi)-,Edelbrock Torque Arm, ,Aluminum driveshaft-high performance cross-drilled rotors and pads-Stealth switch.Infinity speakers and bazooka sub.12 CD changer.The car runs great. In near futur, headers,exhaust.

I've personally seen anywhere between 5-12 RWHP.....usually 7-10 RWHP which would equate to about 8-12 HP at the crank.

It really is a good bang for the buck mod. Electric WP's are plenty durable and will cool much better at idle especially in hot trafiic. It's not just a hardcore drag racer's mod anymore.

Here is a dyno proven result:
    http://www.ws6.com/mod-14.htm

Comment

Working...
    X