Sharp Turn Makes Noise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharp Turn Makes Noise

When I take ONLY a sharp turn not a regular turn I hear a mild sounding thump just once on the rear passengers side of the car every single time. What is this problem?
    94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

This may not be your situation but its something very simple to check. I had a similar problem on my Firebird and found that my sway bar link was busted and the two ends were hitting together causing the noise. Just a thought.
    89 Firebird--408 cid engine-built 700r4 tranny-flowmaster exhaust-Strange 12 bolt-4.11 gears-B&M ratchet megashifter

Comment

Could be a number of things....loose panhard rod, loose control arm, loose sway bar end link, torque arm. Get under there and inspect everything.

Comment

Noise when turning sharply.

I had the same prob.Mine was the differential,the dealership mechanic told me this happens when you drift the rear end too much. So they installed new parts and still it was making loud noises in slow and sharp turns. I took it back and all they had to do is add more differential special fluids to make things slide better and the noise stopped and was gone.I hope that isn't your prob cuzz this bill was sky high. $85 h/r for labor plus parts. Man I'm starting to sweat already.
        [B]97 WS6 TransAm 6 speed Mods--Grey leather interior-Granatelli MAF-58mm BBK TB-Hypertech programmer-Hypertech 160 stat-BBK aluminum crank pulley-Skip shift eliminator-B&M sport shifter-Aeromotive LT1 fuel pressure regulator(46psi)-,Edelbrock Torque Arm, ,Aluminum driveshaft-high performance cross-drilled rotors and pads-Stealth switch.Infinity speakers and bazooka sub.12 CD changer.The car runs great. In near futur, headers,exhaust.

Comment

if the noise is coming from the front take teh little cover off of youre wheel bearing adn see if you can tighten the nut a little you dont want it super tight but if you can tighten it you prob need new wheel bearing and races not to expensive just price around

Comment

Problem was fixed. You are all wrong. lol The bolt, and washer came off the the transmission mount. Anyone else have this problem? I tend to drift the rear out on turns a lot by hitting the gas hard. Does that loosen the bolt up?
            94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Comment

Hmmm i've been thru 3 tranny mounts before installing a poly mount and have Killed 2 trannys, but never have i heard of a tranny mount bolt/washer coming loose, breaking in half, yes but never loose =/
              95 Z28 LT1, Edelbrock headers w/ Full exhaust, cold air intake, TCI 1800 stall convertor, shift kit, Eibach springs, KYB shocks

Comment

This is my second tranny mount. Bolt only held on like less than 2 years.

Comment

Working...
                X