pacesetter lt1 longtubes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pacesetter lt1 longtubes

Hey, I'm new to this forum and i know there's alot of stuff asked about this, but i just ordered Pacesetter longtube headers that are ceramic coated, and i will be installing them myself in my auto class. It will be just me and a couple friends so if anybody has installed these longtubes on an lt1 PLEASE give me some instructions on how to install them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't want to have anything go wrong with my car..........thanks
    1994 Pontiac Trans Am A4 Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Longtubes,3" ORY,Dual 3" Cutouts,No Cat,!AIR,!EGR,K&N CAI,Flowmaster Exhaust,Mad Z28 Tune,Spohn Subframe Connectors,Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs,KYB Shocks,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Rims,5% Tint

Did you order the header with the emissions connections (AIR, EGR), or without? Do they have the O2 sensor bungs already on them? Did you order upgraded gaskets (e.g. Mr. Gasket UltraSeal Copper, FelPro) and upgraded bolts (e.g. - ARP, Stage 8 locking or Breslin)? Do you have "extensions" for the O2 sensor harnesses?
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

are you going to do true dual all the back or did you get the y-pipe?
      1995 Camaro Z28 auto

Comment

Here is a complete install guide with pics:

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/fbody...be_install.doc

Comment

I did the Pacesetter longtubes on my 96 SS this past winter. I would recommend better gaskets, better header bolts, O2 extensions, some heat wrap to protect wires and fuel/brake lines, some 3" stainless band clamps(don't use the 3" crush clamps that come with the y-pipe assuming you're putting on their y-pipe. You'll probably want to put in new O2 sensors but put the old ones back in until the headers go through several heating cycles to break in the coating. Guys have messed up new O2's by putting them in right away. I assume you have an OBDI car but if you have a 96-97 OBDII you'll need rear O2 sims as well.
          69 Z28 with JL8 factory 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, transistor ignition, radio delete, heater delete - being restored
          70 SS 396 L78 documented, #'s matching
          2000 SS Camaro daily beater

Comment

Thanks for Longtube Header Info!!!!!!!!!

Thank you everybody that replied about my Pacesetter Longtube Headers, I will be putting them in on Thursday...........the feedback was great!!!!!!!! thank you. I'm just gonna try to put the headers in myself in my auto class, and then have a muffler shop weld up the y-pipe. So does anyone think the time spent putting in the headers will be worth the power gains?
            1994 Pontiac Trans Am A4 Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Longtubes,3" ORY,Dual 3" Cutouts,No Cat,!AIR,!EGR,K&N CAI,Flowmaster Exhaust,Mad Z28 Tune,Spohn Subframe Connectors,Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs,KYB Shocks,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Rims,5% Tint

Comment

Yes, the longtube headers help a lot. I would be hesitant about welding up the y-pipe completely. If you ever need to drop the transmission, you would need to cut the y-pipe then. Just use some pre-formed 3" band clamps. I have 4 of them on my car and no leaks and I've been able to take it back apart when I added the dual cats to the y-pipe. Here's my y-pipe with dual 3" cats added in. I ended up getting the driver's side cat welded to make sure it wouldn't leak. But I used the band clamps in several places and they work great.

69 Z28 with JL8 factory 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, transistor ignition, radio delete, heater delete - being restored
              70 SS 396 L78 documented, #'s matching
              2000 SS Camaro daily beater

Comment

Working...
              X