GRRRR... Catalytic Converters....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRRRR... Catalytic Converters....

I hate them. Nothing but a big headache. I just got my car back on the road & I am accelerating away from a stop light... My exhaust spits out two hunks of metal & then gets alot louder! I stop to see what they were(Kinda already knew) Sure enough they are two hunks of the honeycomb of my cat. At first I was happy because I have been playing with the idea of taking it off anyway... But after two days of driving around with out it... I need a replacement. Since my car is just a 305, I think the exhaust isnt restricitve enough. It makes a nasty crackiling sound during mild acceleration in the upper RPM's. And the exhaust REAKS!! And since its a vert, everytime I drive it I feel I need a shower to get the smell off. I looks like I will be in the market for another one. The one that just failed is a Magnaflow 3" high flow unit. Since it only lasted a year or so.. I am thinking of steping up to a Random Tech cat.

Any thoughts?
    No F-Body right now

i got a catco on my car, adn as rich as my car tends to run, its still together and not plugged
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I'm running dual 3" cats, one is a Catco and the other is a Pypes. I've heard of several people having problems with the Magnaflow cats, I'm not sure why though. Search Ebay, you can find one for under $40 brand new.
      69 Z28 with JL8 factory 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, transistor ignition, radio delete, heater delete - being restored
      70 SS 396 L78 documented, #'s matching
      2000 SS Camaro daily beater

Comment

Working...
      X