97 WS6 LT1 Duel cat or single ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 WS6 LT1 Duel cat or single ?

I'm in the market for new coated headers, not sure which one are best for street-strip. Long tubes or short ones I dunno.[B]
    [B]97 WS6 TransAm 6 speed Mods--Grey leather interior-Granatelli MAF-58mm BBK TB-Hypertech programmer-Hypertech 160 stat-BBK aluminum crank pulley-Skip shift eliminator-B&M sport shifter-Aeromotive LT1 fuel pressure regulator(46psi)-,Edelbrock Torque Arm, ,Aluminum driveshaft-high performance cross-drilled rotors and pads-Stealth switch.Infinity speakers and bazooka sub.12 CD changer.The car runs great. In near futur, headers,exhaust.

Long tubes for more horsepower, shorties if you need to pass smog. If you're going on the shorties route ask Joe about his setup...I believe SLP headers + random dual cat y-pipe.
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think long tubes provide more low end power while short tubes provide more med/high range power. Knowing the difference there might help make your decision.

Mike

1996 Pontiac Trans Am Ram Air: 160k kilometres, low temp T-stat, tuned, 3.73 gears, 3" Magnaflow exhaust, B&M skip shifter, BFG drag radials

Comment

What does your subject have to do with your question? If you're asking whether or not your car is a single- or dual-cat car, its a dual-cat. If you're asking which headers you should get, that's a completely different question. You might try wording your subjects to match your inquiry. As for which headers to get, check your local emissions laws first.
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by 96_TA
          Correct me if I am wrong, but I think long tubes provide more low end power while short tubes provide more med/high range power. Knowing the difference there might help make your decision.

Mike
          There are some shorties and mids that can make power pretty close to that of a LT, but the LT's have the greater potential to make more power across the board.

More and better controlled exhaust gas velocity will always equal more horsepower, and LT's just do it better.

Comment

Working...
          X