Aftermarket Plug wires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Plug wires

What are the best plug wires to get for my lt1? cost being in the equation.

i can get stock AC Delco wires for around $120 CDN

the car is stock except for free flowing exhaust, so would buying expensive aftermarket wires really help?

Most told me a couple weeks ago that stock acdelco plugs and wires work the best on our cars. Especially on a stock setup. I got my wires for about the same price. Have fun installin them

Comment

I am changing my wires and plugs while I am doing the opti. Since the originals are 156,000 miles old and are bad according the service manual resistance check, I figured why mess with what worked so well. Stock wires for me too.

Sean
      1994 Z28, 6 spd, LE2 Heads, GM 1.6 RR, .026" head gasket, SLP: CAI-Headers (CARB legal)-ypipe-2 on the left-lightweight flywheel-short throw, Random tech cat, CF dual friction, LT-4 KM.

Comment

If you have 156k on the clock, your stock wires are probably shot. The resistance checks that you can do with an ohm meter don't tell the whole story. I would give you a detailed explanation about it, but I think everyone would back me up on this anyway. I'll just say that the stock carbon cores deteriorate and break up internally after enough time, weather, heat, and miles and the insulation breaks down causing energy to go to ground before the plug gap. The piddly 9 volts or whatever the ohm meter sends through the wires doesn't test the insulating jacket. However, NEW stock wires are a very good choice for your car. If you have boost or a racing engine (which needs supression wires) with high compression, and need an ignition amp, then some good quality spiral cores with thick insulation are your best bet.

Comment

Working...
        X