The LS6 and the F20C

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The LS6 and the F20C

Next time some ricer gives you a hard time about pushrods being "old technology", big, and heavy tell them this...

The F20C (the engine which powers the Honda S2000) weighs in at 396 lbs.

The LS6 weighs in at 394 lbs with transmission.

Who is big and bulky now?

F20C :
    240 HP
    165 ft-lbs of torque

LS6:
    405 HP
    400 ft-lbs.

You might also want to tell them that OHC technology is actually OLDER than pushrods.

Take that pushrod haters!
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

I just threaten them that if they don't shut up, I will take a picture of their car and put it on the internet where everybody will laugh at it...

Comment

this doesn't really have anything to do with this post.....but I just watched 2 fast 2 furious last night again.......and i got to thinkin......why dont we see any nice 4th gen firebirds and camaro's all modded up? It would be so much better than those ricers. Are the ricers gettin to be more popular than our domestic sports cars?
      Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Jason97T/A
        this doesn't really have anything to do with this post.....but I just watched 2 fast 2 furious last night again.......and i got to thinkin......why dont we see any nice 4th gen firebirds and camaro's all modded up? It would be so much better than those ricers. Are the ricers gettin to be more popular than our domestic sports cars?
        Jason
        "Getting" to be? hahaha... where have you been? Just playing with you, but it is true. Thanks largely in part to the Fast and the Furious 1 - imports are ALL the rage with the average teenager. A little education to the actual facts would straighten them out... but they are too awestruck by Vin Diesel's biceps to realize that Honda Civic's do not run 10 second quarter miles.
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
          "Getting" to be? hahaha... where have you been? Just playing with you, but it is true. Thanks largely in part to the Fast and the Furious 1 - imports are ALL the rage with the average teenager. A little education to the actual facts would straighten them out... but they are too awestruck by Vin Diesel's biceps to realize that Honda Civic's do not run 10 second quarter miles.
          Hahaha, yeah but that Charger in the first movie sure as heck could, that was sweet. I'm a teenager and i've stomped a mudhole in every imports @$$ around here with my 97 t/a with very minor mods. They are both good movies in my opinion, but it would just be nice to see some more domestic cars. I'm much more of a domestic car fan.......imports are just a joke IMHO. But hey, everyones got different opinions.

Comment

Although they were decent movies I think the world would be a better place without them. In case you haven't noticed F&F was pretty much the boiling pot (ha..ha get it?!...) for ricers. However I am not biased against imports, I like many of them and MAY end up with one over a F-Body if I can't afford a LS1. Anyhow, the whole domestic vs. import "war" will never cease.... well maybe it would if they got rid of both mustangs and civics! j/k

Comment

Working...
            X