Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Twin turbo for an LT1 is the best way to go ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin turbo for an LT1 is the best way to go ?

From what I am hearing from other members is that going with a turbo is the best way to go. Can we make it a Twin turbo ? Is that even better ?
    [B]97 WS6 TransAm 6 speed Mods--Grey leather interior-Granatelli MAF-58mm BBK TB-Hypertech programmer-Hypertech 160 stat-BBK aluminum crank pulley-Skip shift eliminator-B&M sport shifter-Aeromotive LT1 fuel pressure regulator(46psi)-,Edelbrock Torque Arm, ,Aluminum driveshaft-high performance cross-drilled rotors and pads-Stealth switch.Infinity speakers and bazooka sub.12 CD changer.The car runs great. In near futur, headers,exhaust.

Good luck. It's going to cost you a ton of money. You can't just bolt two turbos on and call it a day. I'll let the others get into that though.
    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
    SOLD- Kinda miss it
    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
    SOLD- Good riddance!
    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

TT would be better but its, as the guy above me said, not easy at all. Its alot more plumbing and alteration of parts and brackets and stuff like that its not easy to do unless you have alot of money to spend. Id still get a supercharger.
      [COLOR=Navy]2000 Navy Blue Trans Am, T Tops, Automatic, Ram Air, Slp 85mm Mas, Air Lid, Smooth bellow, Hooker 1.75 Lt's, ORY, LM1, Air/EGR delete, Throttle body coolant bypass. Msd super conductor wires. TSP cam, ss3600, svo 38LB injectors.
      Ported fast 92 mm intake and 92 mm TB on order.
      11.539 @ 118.82 1.649 60 foot.

1969 z28 - 9.957 @ 133.92 1.425 60 foot.

Comment

Yes, I also agree...and the temp under your hood would be rediculously high, unless you move stuff around well enough to keep cool air comming in. And as previous people have said, it wouldn't be easy, with our engine compartments being tight as they are.

BUT....if you can do it, my hat goes off to you!!! It would be pretty sweet to see a LT1-TT rollin' around the streets

Mike

1996 Pontiac Trans Am Ram Air: 160k kilometres, low temp T-stat, tuned, 3.73 gears, 3" Magnaflow exhaust, B&M skip shifter, BFG drag radials

Comment

I think STS makes a single rear mount system for LT1s.
          LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

I used to have a video of a twin turbo 97 Camaro SS. I think it was around 750 hp. Boy he lays waste to a lot of people.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

http://www.ls1speed.com/intmd8.cfm

theres a 9 second TT LT1

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                I think STS makes a single rear mount system for LT1s.
                Yes they do. www.ststurbo.com

Mike

1996 Pontiac Trans Am Ram Air: 160k kilometres, low temp T-stat, tuned, 3.73 gears, 3" Magnaflow exhaust, B&M skip shifter, BFG drag radials

Comment

Originally posted by darkz711
                  http://www.ls1speed.com/intmd8.cfm

theres a 9 second TT LT1

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! now thats looks like an every day driver that kills just about everything on the streets and u wouldnt know it by looking at it

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
                  2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

I heard it's very difficult to keep a twin turbo car tuned correctly!! I would go with a supercharger, cheaper to i bet
                    1995 Camaro Z28 auto

Comment

383 LT1 with a Vortech S/C.... 9.04 @ 155mph, at a 4,000# race weight, and totally stock appearance, except for the NHRA mandatory 'chute and roll cage.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Slightly off topic unless the rear mounted turbo is a consideration. Isn't there a new NHRA rule that a turbo must be mounted under the hood?
                        '95 Trans Am - A4, LE2 heads, LE1 cam, 1.6 ProMags, Comp R's, AS&M CAI, AS&M 54mm, MAC midlengths, Random Tech. cat, Borla cat back, PCMforless, Vigilante 2800, 3.73's, BMR LCAs/panhard/shock tower brace

Comment

this is my inspiration...I wonder if he'll have any starter problems due to heat? I wish there was an engine stand pic with the turbos installed...
                          1995 Pontiac Trans Am Formula

Comment

Working...
                          X