Centrifical Vs. Twinscrew

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centrifical Vs. Twinscrew

I have been wondering for the longest time the differences between the two. I know how they work and ware there placed, but in differences i meen the benefits and disadvantages of each, and what makes more power.
    [COLOR=Navy]2000 Navy Blue Trans Am, T Tops, Automatic, Ram Air, Slp 85mm Mas, Air Lid, Smooth bellow, Hooker 1.75 Lt's, ORY, LM1, Air/EGR delete, Throttle body coolant bypass. Msd super conductor wires. TSP cam, ss3600, svo 38LB injectors.
    Ported fast 92 mm intake and 92 mm TB on order.
    11.539 @ 118.82 1.649 60 foot.

1969 z28 - 9.957 @ 133.92 1.425 60 foot.

twin screw is a modified Roots style bolted to the top, and a centrifical is; for lack of a better example; like a turbo with gearing and run by the belt rather than the free exhaust.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
    In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

The twinscrew provides boost all of the time. The centrifical has to speed up to create boost, so you won't have as much torque off the line. The benefit is that under normal driving conditions, they don't provide much boost, so driveability and gas mileage are better.
      95 A4 Z28 with 146K miles

My DD is a 94 Chevy 1/2 ton 2wd w/ 2/4 drop and 20" Centerline Stingray III's

Comment

Follow along with this page... should answer all your questions about how they work and the difference between roots, twin-screw, and centrifugal superchargers.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/supercharger1.htm
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Working...
        X