Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking whether wax is gone ;)

Hi,

I'm getting ready to give my 'hawk its first Zaino treatment ... (once this d@mn weather shapes up here). The previous owner ran it through a detailing shop, and the whole car is waxed (I asume, the Firehawk logo still has white residue in the cracks). I think the suggested soap for removing wax is Dove liquid, dunno whether the stuff sold as Dove in Germany is the same as it is in the states ... either way, is there any way to tell whether all of the wax has been removed after washing the car?
    Garry Glendown * '00 Firehawk M6 #92 * '98 Camaro V6 Convertible

I use Dawn dish washing soap. Anywho, as per the instructions, yes, it should remove all of the wax. The white residue on the emblems might stick though, simply because it wasn't removed from the get-go and after being on the car so long (along with being in the sun), some physical agitation might be required, ie. soft bristle brush (tooth brush).

The initial coat of Zaino is crucial, be sure to take the proper steps to ensure the Zaino luster that you're after. Prep, prep, prep! TAKE YOUR TIME and enjoy your work after all is said and done.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Yeah, meant Dawn. Whatever.
      Garry Glendown * '00 Firehawk M6 #92 * '98 Camaro V6 Convertible

Comment

Working...
      X