Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Considering the mods I have made,can you guess the HP Gain ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering the mods I have made,can you guess the HP Gain ?

I would say between 35-45 HP.May I have a professional estimate on the HP Gain . Thank You.
    [B]97 WS6 TransAm 6 speed Mods--Grey leather interior-Granatelli MAF-58mm BBK TB-Hypertech programmer-Hypertech 160 stat-BBK aluminum crank pulley-Skip shift eliminator-B&M sport shifter-Aeromotive LT1 fuel pressure regulator(46psi)-,Edelbrock Torque Arm, ,Aluminum driveshaft-high performance cross-drilled rotors and pads-Stealth switch.Infinity speakers and bazooka sub.12 CD changer.The car runs great. In near futur, headers,exhaust.

Originally posted by lavapearl
    I would say between 35-45 HP.May I have a professional estimate on the HP Gain . Thank You.
    I don't think you'll be getting that much power. But i'm no professional either, which is why I'm gonna ask this in another thread. How bout me too guys

but lavapearl my guess would be 20 horsepower.
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Doesn't look like you're making much more than stock. Granted you have ignition upgrades, you intial intake/exhaust air volume is well, quite the same. More air = more power...you don't have any real upgrades in either dept.

My guess 10-15 hp at the crank.

Really wanna know...dyno it.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

If you want to get the full function of your 58mm throttle body you need to port your intake to match. Your stock intake can support at most 52mm. Thatll buy you a couple more hp.
        1995 Camaro Z28 auto

Comment

I would venture to say that you are lucky if you gained 5 HP.....15-20 HP if you are really lucky.

The only two mods that even have the potential to provide a power gain are the HPP and the Granatelli MAF and even those are questionable. The Granatelli MAF is poorly calibrated and the only chance it has to make power is like Fred mentioned and you got lucky and it leaned out the top end.

Stealth Mode? Do you make a habit of running from the cops?

Comment

lavapearl,

You've made a good move coming to this board. My only advice... Read, read, read...Learn from others. It'll save you time, money, and headaches. If you need more, check out camaroz28.com as well. I have to say that this site, for the most part, is more accurate though.

Someone needs to post the page with the LT1 mods and dyno results. I have it on my home computer...
            Joe K.
            '11 BMW 328i
            '10 Matrix S AWD
            Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Here's the website...good info here.

http://www.ws6.com/mycar.htm
              Joe K.
              '11 BMW 328i
              '10 Matrix S AWD
              Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

I agree with Fred. I know these LT1's like the back of my hand. You haven't done much to get the air into or out of the engine...therefore, your gains will be minimal. I picked up about 30 hp (as tested on a dyno) by optimizing both intake and exhaust. The ignition system is pretty stout, so there are little gains there early on. Get a good exhaust sytem (headers and cat-back) and you'll start to see the gains from your present mods.
                Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Working...
                X