1/4 Mile times with new mods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/4 Mile times with new mods

what should i get in the 1/4 mile with K&N CAI,March Underdrive Pulleys,Pacesetter Longtubes w/ ORY,3.73 gears,and Flowmaster exhaust on a 1994 Pontiac Trans Am?????????????????
    1994 Pontiac Trans Am A4 Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Longtubes,3" ORY,Dual 3" Cutouts,No Cat,!AIR,!EGR,K&N CAI,Flowmaster Exhaust,Mad Z28 Tune,Spohn Subframe Connectors,Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs,KYB Shocks,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Rims,5% Tint

Originally posted by RICEATER94Bird
    what should i get in the 1/4 mile with K&N CAI,March Underdrive Pulleys,Pacesetter Longtubes w/ ORY,3.73 gears,and Flowmaster exhaust on a 1994 Pontiac Trans Am?????????????????
    auto or manual... 13.7 -- 13.9 maybe

Comment

It's an A4,but it wouldn't get any lower than a 13.7? Would a different cat-back make an improvement?
      1994 Pontiac Trans Am A4 Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Longtubes,3" ORY,Dual 3" Cutouts,No Cat,!AIR,!EGR,K&N CAI,Flowmaster Exhaust,Mad Z28 Tune,Spohn Subframe Connectors,Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs,KYB Shocks,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Rims,5% Tint

Comment

It's an A4,but it wouldn't get any lower than a 13.7? Would a different cat-back make an improvement?
        Cat-back, no. Driver, yes... if you're driving well, you can definitely get under 13.7, I think.
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by darkz711
          auto or manual... 13.7 -- 13.9 maybe
          Stock Lt1's run a 14.0-14.1 You're saying that longtubes, gears and a CAI won't drop more than .3 off the 1/4? I'm not sure if the pullies do much and I'm not sure why Flowmaster exhaust systems are so crappy on our cars, but guys on this board have claimed up to a full half second off of their 1/4 just by changing the exhaust system. I think the other mods would more than make up for a poor excuse for an aftermarket cat-back. I'd imagine it has to flow somewhat better than the stock set up. Just not as well as a Borla, Magnaflow or Loudmouth catback.
          Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
          SOLD- Kinda miss it
          94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
          SOLD- Good riddance!
          2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
            Stock Lt1's run a 14.0-14.1 You're saying that longtubes, gears and a CAI won't drop more than .3 off the 1/4? I'm not sure if the pullies do much and I'm not sure why Flowmaster exhaust systems are so crappy on our cars, but guys on this board have claimed up to a full half second off of their 1/4 just by changing the exhaust system. I think the other mods would more than make up for a poor excuse for an aftermarket cat-back. I'd imagine it has to flow somewhat better than the stock set up. Just not as well as a Borla, Magnaflow or Loudmouth catback.
            It's still up to the driver. I ran a 13.3 bone stock. After long tubes, LS1edit, cat-back, airlid, plugs and wires, the best I could run was a 13.1. I probably gained about 30 rwhp from all of that too...
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
              I'm sure his engine isn't brand new either. The 14.0-14.1 are on a brand new stock engine without the wear and tear from over the years. I'm saying my car runs 13.8 - 13.9 consistently so I'm going to guess he might get .2 seconds faster than me but an automatic without a better stall isn't going to be able to launch at a very high rpm where as I can launch my car at 2500-2800 and probably pull a better 60' time than him.

And Jay only got .2 seconds off on his 1/4 mile ET after all his mods, so I don't think that the estimate i gave was too far off.

Comment

Jay you has LS1 he has Lt1, I know a friend with a 2000 T/A with miner mods and did a 13.3. From what i hear there alot faster. When it comes to minor mods, but anything can be built
                1995 Camaro Z28 auto

Comment

Originally posted by 95BadMotorScooter
                  Jay you has LS1 he has Lt1, I know a friend with a 2000 T/A with miner mods and did a 13.3. From what i hear there alot faster. When it comes to minor mods, but anything can be built
                  Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                    Thanks for clearing that up.
                    LOL.

Is it just me?

Comment

13.5-14.0. Only one way to find out.

Comment

aight, after the headers and gears i'm taking it to the track, hopefully i can get in the mid 13's if not lower, i just want to whoop ass on some damn ricers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but has anyone had experience with or heard an f-body with a dynomax bullet before the axle and then just a custom y-pipe after that???? i've heard about it but i'm not sure......

Comment

Working...
                        X