change my cat-back????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change my cat-back????

I have a Flowmaster muffler on my car right now, and i'm putting in Pacesetter longtubes so should I change my exhaust system??? I like the way it sounds now, but would there be any power gains if i did change it? I'm looking towards putting a Dynomax bullet muffler right before the axle,then having a custom y-pipe after and out the rear of the car....I've seen this before, but does anyone have or heard this system????Any reccomendations or feedback will be great!!!!
    1994 Pontiac Trans Am A4 Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Longtubes,3" ORY,Dual 3" Cutouts,No Cat,!AIR,!EGR,K&N CAI,Flowmaster Exhaust,Mad Z28 Tune,Spohn Subframe Connectors,Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs,KYB Shocks,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Rims,5% Tint

Flowmasters are not the ideal system for performance. Change them if you can.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Flowmaster catbacks are not the best system for LS1's, but I think they are more acceptable for LT1's.

I had an LT1 stock, flowmaster, and SLP 2otl, and the flowmaster was my favorite sound, mellow and deep.

If you like the sound, keep it. On an LT1 car it might be costing you 5hp compared to a no restriction system.

Comment

Working...
      X