Madz28 PCU Mod..?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madz28 PCU Mod..?

Was thinking about buying the Mad Z28 PCU Mod, basicly looking to find out if its a worth while and or noticable upgrade and if so how much can i expect to gain from it?
    95 Z28 LT1, Edelbrock headers w/ Full exhaust, cold air intake, TCI 1800 stall convertor, shift kit, Eibach springs, KYB shocks

Do you mean you're going to have your PCM tuned by MadZ28? How much you gain depends on what the mods are on your car. What years is your car..... what engine.... what mods????

For a stock LT1, he can guarantee you 15HP at the top end. For a heavily modified car he can make major improvements. Without knowing what car you have and what you have done to the car, we're sort of in the dark.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Thx for the heads up on the sig..got it set up, =)
      95 Z28 LT1, Edelbrock headers w/ Full exhaust, cold air intake, TCI 1800 stall convertor, shift kit, Eibach springs, KYB shocks

Comment

Sig is set up, was wondering if i shoul dhold out on PCU upgrade till i get more done to the motor?

Comment

You might want to check with him (Madz28.com) because I believe there is a certain protocol about that. (ie. free upgrades within 60 days, and a minimal charge for changes after the initial tune.) But I do think it might become a little tedious if you always have to send your computer back and forth to him. Good luck

Mike

1996 Pontiac Trans Am Ram Air: 160k kilometres, low temp T-stat, tuned, 3.73 gears, 3" Magnaflow exhaust, B&M skip shifter, BFG drag radials

Comment

do the free unlimited email program... it's $60 and he sends you as many programs as you need

Comment

i agree 96 TZ it will definatly get to be a PITA but i'm going to have to do it right after i get my gears installed regardless =/ .. so i think i just might take darkz's advice and do the $60 unlimited plan thingie =) for future MoDs i guess.. thx for the info guys

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteSmoke
                i agree 96 TZ it will definatly get to be a PITA but i'm going to have to do it right after i get my gears installed regardless =/ .. so i think i just might take darkz's advice and do the $60 unlimited plan thingie =) for future MoDs i guess.. thx for the info guys
                That would be the best way to go. I knew there was an option along those lines...just wasn't exactly sure what it was. Good luck

Mike

PS> Another thing to consider...if you want it tuned primarily for correcting your speedo with the new gears and other 'little things,' a programmer (ie. Hypertech Power Programmer III) might be the way to go. Only thing is...don't expect to get the same power increases from it that a tune might give you. The benefit of the programmer is that you can change things when you want, since its something that you purchase. The downside is that it isn't cheap. Check the site if you want for details on what you can do. www.hypertech.com

1996 Pontiac Trans Am Ram Air: 160k kilometres, low temp T-stat, tuned, 3.73 gears, 3" Magnaflow exhaust, B&M skip shifter, BFG drag radials

Comment

Working...
                X