leaking transmission....HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaking transmission....HELP

Hey, I need some help....I discovered that when I returned home last night I was leaking transmission fluid at a rapid pace. Over night it stoped. When I get off of work today I am going to take a look at it. I was wondering if you may have any suggestions on what the problem may be. It is leaking from what looks to be a rectangle pan on the bottom on the car....the rectangle pan is about 2ft long and 6 in wide..and has various holes.....if you can please help...THANKS!!!!

What you are describing sounds like tranny pan. Get a duraprene or if you cant, a rubber pan gasket. Dont buy cork. Take out the bolts around the pan slowly and allow fluid to drain. Take pan off and clean. Install new gasket with new fluid. Replace the filter while your in there.

If its leaking profusely only when the car is running, pull the cover around the torque converter (roundish cover at front of tranny) and look for fluid. A bad pump bushing and seal will leak a ton. This will require tranny removal to replace the bushing.
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
    X