TA fog Light replacement bulbs (Sylvania Silver Stars) available

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TA fog Light replacement bulbs (Sylvania Silver Stars) available

I've replace the OEM Low Beam bulbs in my Olds 98 and Cadillac DeVille with Sylvania Silver Stars and I was amazed at the difference.... I'm getting older now and the more light the better for night driving.

Well I just lost one of my after market 4200k light bulbs and can't find a replacement anywhere (made in Korea)... but I did find out that Sylvania is now producing a replacement Silver Star for the OEM 27W 880 bulb. The part number is a 880ST. It's now being pushed out into the market and should be widely available by the end of October in local auto parts stores, Wal-Mart, etc... but if you want some now, you can get them from a place in VA that JUST got a supply in today. I'm not sure how much stock they have, but I'm sure it's not a lot.

1 800 892-9657 @ 21.38 each.

I believe they are around the 4100k light spec (OEM is around ~3200k) They should definately be a lot whiter and brighter than OEM at the same wattage. Base on the others I replaced, I don't think I'll be disappointed in these bulbs!

Just thought I'd let you know.

Too bad they don't produce a replacement 4703 sealed low beam yet!
    1999 Black TA Ram Air M6 with lots of Mods and many coats of Zaino!
    http://community.webshots.com/user/runbikejrb1

How a pair of 5200K Bulbs?

If you search on Ebay, there a whole crap load of different Xenon Gas filled fog light bulbs. Recently I purchased a set of 893 4000K from there for $12+$6 shipping (pair) and they work great. The light is bright white compared to the old yellowish ones. I beleive the 893, 885 and 880 are all the same fit. Ill post some pics later when I get home on the difference between the 2.

I have a pair of these on my Bike and work really well! Ive had them for about 3 months with no problem.

Heres the Link to Ebay Listings.
    1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

It will be interesting to see how long the Silver Stars will last. I would hope MUCH longer than the after market brands I've had in there.

You really have to be carefull to watch the Wattage ratings on those bulbs. The OEMs are 27 watts. A higher wattage could melt the plactic fog light lens. Many have had this problem.
      1999 Black TA Ram Air M6 with lots of Mods and many coats of Zaino!
      http://community.webshots.com/user/runbikejrb1

Comment

I have the sealed beam SilverStars on the Formula, and I like them alot better than stock. Strange thing is they seemed brighter when I first got them, or mabey I just got used to it.
        1995 Firebird Formula
        (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

Working...
        X