Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delphi Fuel Injectors 23.92lbs are causing my car to Run too rich ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delphi Fuel Injectors 23.92lbs are causing my car to Run too rich ?

Hi Guys! I have a 1997 Z28 with 93k miles. Since I replaced my stock injectors with Delphi 23.92lbs from Racetronix it has been running rich sooting up my back bumper. It didn't used to do this.

Does any know the Fuel Injector Constants for these injectors. I need to find them so I can have someone reprogram my computer to fix this problem.

Thanks Lee !
    Lee Stroud in West Virginia

Do you have a scanner? Check your BLMs.

What pressure are those injectors rated at? Your PCM should be able to compensate (up to 15%) if your injectors are flowing too much, unless they're more than 15% more flow than stock.
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

The flow constant used for the stock injectors is 24.9#/HR (43.5psi). Using the Delphi's (23.92 @ 43.5psi) is a 4% lower flow rate. That should not cause the system to run rich, even if you didn't have the PCM adjusted. The Delphi's are Lucas disc type injectors, so they may be "faster" than the stockers, possibly requiring some changes to the offset table, but that shouldn't cause the system to run rich either.

Check with Racetronix and see if they have the offset table for the injectors they sold you. Verify that they are in fact the correct part # as well.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
      X